Typographers of the creative world rejoice! Christmas has, sort of, come early this year: Adobe and Montoype have just snuck down the chimney, glugged the port, polished off Rudloph’s carrot, and deposited 665 new fonts from 41 type families under the tree. It’ll be like unwrapping a shiny new Playstation 2 all over again. Remember how good that felt? Being 10? Not having any real understanding of the full and crushing weight of the anxieties and stresses that were soon to wash all over you, day in, day out? Today’s like that, all over again.
Slotted into every Creative Cloud subscription, the new typefaces are available to use now, so there’s no excuse to put off starting that project you’ve been pondering for years. “What,” you’ve said to yourself in quiet moments late at night, “typeface would I use though?” Seek, and you shall find. The new additions include ITC Benguiat, which is better known as the Stranger Things font, the classy retro stylings of ITC Avant Garde Gothic, and the London Underground inspired Gill Sans Nova.
You can browse all the new additions right here. Happy font-hunting everyone.
- Food for thought on the day the Global Climate Strike begins
- “I always thought Photoshop was a glorified MS paint”: James Lacey on his journey into design
- “If I am flagging on a shoot, she directs me”: Matthew Stone on working with FKA Twigs
- French illustrator Nicolas Ridou makes “the atmosphere the story” in his hypnotic works
- A routine, good music and Charlie Bones: Sean Bate on his graphic design inspirations
- In The Boys, Rick Schatzberg photographs his group in their 66th year of friendship
- “All you see is lazy photography everywhere”: Martin Parr discusses his career, Brexit and obsession
- The work of Xiangyu Liu is weird and fantastically unpredictable (some NSFW)
- Caterina Bianchini Studio designs a dog-themed identity for a conveyer belt cheese restaurant
- Ikea invites people to “try on” Virgil Abloh furniture collection at LFW
- Hans Findling on his experimental and multidisciplinary approach to design
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!