The Guardian has released its University Guide for 2017, with a comprehensive league table ranking the best courses in the UK.
Goldsmiths ranked first place in the design and crafts category, with Loughborough coming in second and Kingston in third.
Kingston came first for both its graphic design course and product design course, while Loughborough topped the table for graphic communication and illustration.
Edinburgh came first in the film production and photography category, with York ranked second and Middlesex ranked third. Edinburgh was chosen as having the best courses for both photography and animation.
Loughborough was also rated top in the fashion and textiles category, with Derby ranked second and Brighton ranked third.
UCL topped the art category, with Oxford second and Newcastle third. Cambridge came first for architecture, with UCl second and Bath third.
The Guardian’s University Guide 2017 was accompanied by a set of illustrations and animation by Adam Avery.
- An angry doughnut faces off with a timid computer technician in Megacomputeur’s latest film
- Exploring the space between humans and computers: Coralie Vogelaar on bin-packing algorithms
- From South Korea, Ghana to Berlin, Alexander Beer captures the people of the world
- Natalie Keyssar captures Guyana on the cusp of dramatic change
- Nizar Kazan’s Lausanne typeface is a product of his analytical design approach
- Your chance to work with María Medem on an illustrated calendar for 2020
- "I felt I saw the world with different eyes": Jaimy Gail on photographing the concept of normalcy
- Let Salvador Dalí tell your future in a new edition of tarot cards
- Book of Roy: Neil Drabble photographs an American teenager over the course of eight years
- Fyre Festival’s digital designer Tokyo tells its story, two years on
- Ikea unveils its latest toy creatures based on kids drawings
- Fed & Watered is a new studio with a specific output: all things food, drink and hospitality