The Guardian has released its University Guide for 2017, with a comprehensive league table ranking the best courses in the UK.
Goldsmiths ranked first place in the design and crafts category, with Loughborough coming in second and Kingston in third.
Kingston came first for both its graphic design course and product design course, while Loughborough topped the table for graphic communication and illustration.
Edinburgh came first in the film production and photography category, with York ranked second and Middlesex ranked third. Edinburgh was chosen as having the best courses for both photography and animation.
Loughborough was also rated top in the fashion and textiles category, with Derby ranked second and Brighton ranked third.
UCL topped the art category, with Oxford second and Newcastle third. Cambridge came first for architecture, with UCl second and Bath third.
The Guardian’s University Guide 2017 was accompanied by a set of illustrations and animation by Adam Avery.
- Podcast company Gimlet’s new identity by GrandArmy is designed not to be too “slick”
- Utopia and dystopia collide in Bysanz Baisen Zhou’s other-worldly creations
- Who are the people with the power to design the system we live in? Digital artist Peter Burr investigates
- Design studio de_form on its exhibition identity for Erik Kessels’ latest show
- Traditional fashion photography, fine art and 3D renders combine in Olya Oleinic's portfolio
- Cabeza Patata on finding the right way to represent the diversity of the world around us
- Led By Donkeys is crowdfunding £50,000 for “honest” No Deal Brexit ad campaign
- Taschen’s recent release celebrates “the greatest cat photographer of the 20th Century”
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!
- Suzy Chan’s portfolio boasts original graphic design, animation, typography and so much more
- A logo costs $1200 in 2019, according to Folyo’s graphic design pricing list
- Juuso Westerlund’s tender photographs of his sons capture the essence of childhood