The Guardian has released its University Guide for 2017, with a comprehensive league table ranking the best courses in the UK.
Goldsmiths ranked first place in the design and crafts category, with Loughborough coming in second and Kingston in third.
Kingston came first for both its graphic design course and product design course, while Loughborough topped the table for graphic communication and illustration.
Edinburgh came first in the film production and photography category, with York ranked second and Middlesex ranked third. Edinburgh was chosen as having the best courses for both photography and animation.
Loughborough was also rated top in the fashion and textiles category, with Derby ranked second and Brighton ranked third.
UCL topped the art category, with Oxford second and Newcastle third. Cambridge came first for architecture, with UCl second and Bath third.
The Guardian’s University Guide 2017 was accompanied by a set of illustrations and animation by Adam Avery.
- “All I could see was puppets”: Johnny Kelly on his series of sweet shorts for Cheerios
- Melek Zertal's illustrations all feature different versions of herself
- Wyatt Knowles on his DIY approach to poster design
- Jaemin Lee takes on the influence of 80s pop in his illustrative process and aesthetic
- A Pint in London: a new game where the quest is for the perfect tipple
- “There is no value in change for change’s sake”: an exclusive look at Spin's update of Mubi’s visual language
- Get ready for 230 new emojis to confuse your mum with
- Netflix rolls out brand new ident for all its original material
- David Rothenberg discusses his unique portraits of the passengers of planes
- Photographer Nick Turpin captures cars bathed in the lights of Piccadilly Circus
- Byun Young Geun likens illustration to “looking into a mirror”
- Naranjo-Etxeberria designs an identity aiming to cause impact at first glance