Anonymous Israeli art collective Broken Fingaz direct music video for U2 and Beck.
The frequent U2 collaborators directed a politically-charged, animated music video for the band’s single Get Out of Your Own Way earlier this year.
Today they reveal the video for Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way, featuring stop-motion animation using plasticine and paintings that capture beautiful details like tiny Euthymol toothpaste tubes, Nag Champa incense stick boxes and miniature bars of soap.
The three and a half minute video features their characteristic, surreal perspective, whilst summoning ideas of the transcendental power of love as figures dance intimately.
Discussing the project, they say “It is the 3rd video we did for U2 this year. Unlike the first two videos, this time we were all working together from the same place and approached it more like a short film”.
“We used two animation techniques we’ve never tried before; the classic animation is made up of 1,200 acrylic paintings and for the stop-motion we teamed up with the amazing _ZAZ animation_ studio to create a world from plasticine”.
Broken Fingaz share the video and a Making Of accompaniment below.
- Yang Qi’s work expresses a strong Chinese and German cultural background
- Jenny Schweitzer's latest documentary explores gender, competition, and chess
- Ronan McKenzie curates I'm Home, an exhibition exploring the black British female experience
- Photographer Andrea Artemisio's wacky realisations breathe fresh air into magazine editorial
- Deep Throat Studio may have been borne out of failure but it thrives today
- Sunny Side Up: a fake new exhibition by Sunny, a fake artist
- Record Label Logo Archive Vol.1 is a music nerd's dream come true
- Rudeboy: The Story of Trojan Records documents the origins of Jamaican and British youth culture
- Good Type’s new fonts continue to rivet the typographic community
- An interview with Pentagram's latest partner, Astrid Stavro
- The internet responds to Banksy’s self-destructive act of art
- Welcome to World Mental Health Day 2018 on It's Nice That