Anonymous Israeli art collective Broken Fingaz direct music video for U2 and Beck.
The frequent U2 collaborators directed a politically-charged, animated music video for the band’s single Get Out of Your Own Way earlier this year.
Today they reveal the video for Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way, featuring stop-motion animation using plasticine and paintings that capture beautiful details like tiny Euthymol toothpaste tubes, Nag Champa incense stick boxes and miniature bars of soap.
The three and a half minute video features their characteristic, surreal perspective, whilst summoning ideas of the transcendental power of love as figures dance intimately.
Discussing the project, they say “It is the 3rd video we did for U2 this year. Unlike the first two videos, this time we were all working together from the same place and approached it more like a short film”.
“We used two animation techniques we’ve never tried before; the classic animation is made up of 1,200 acrylic paintings and for the stop-motion we teamed up with the amazing _ZAZ animation_ studio to create a world from plasticine”.
Broken Fingaz share the video and a Making Of accompaniment below.
- Bobby Doherty shows how zooming in can reveal the “fun, gross, beautiful or cute”
- Melville Brand Design on a new book detailing the history of Samsonite
- Steve Gavan's illustrative work pays homage to often overlooked design gems
- Photographer Ioana Cirlig's Post-Industrial Stories looks at Romanian life after work
- Mateo Broillet likes to reflect elements of type history in his contemporary designs
- Rebecca Harper's paintings are a “reflection of the time we are living in”
- Get ready for 230 new emojis to confuse your mum with
- Netflix rolls out brand new ident for all its original material
- David Rothenberg discusses his unique portraits of the passengers of planes
- Photographer Nick Turpin captures cars bathed in the lights of Piccadilly Circus
- Byun Young Geun likens illustration to “looking into a mirror”
- Naranjo-Etxeberria designs an identity aiming to cause impact at first glance