This time next week Britain will vote whether or not to remain in the EU, so campaigns for Brexit and Vote Remain are now in the final stretch and the creative industries are adding their voices.
Art director Vicky Simmons has used artworks by herself, Steve Hockett and Barnie Page to create a set of badges for the #imstayingIN campaign. Each set bought enables Vicky to give away three badges for free.
Designer Bruce Usher has created a custom typeface for his online platform, A Good Reason, where people can write, screenshot and share a positive reason to vote in the referendum, using #agoodreason.
Spectator has released its latest cover, featuring an illustration of a Union Jack-patterned butterfly escaping from an EU flag-adorned box.
— The Spectator (@spectator) June 15, 2016
And then there’s Brexit & Chill, an instagram account posting referendum-related musings.
Heartbreaking stories to tell your future grandchildren ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #Brexit #Bremain #strongerin #hugabrit #ukineu #betterofin #yes2eu #voteremain #pleasedontgouk #beleave #euref #leaveeu #eureform #eureferendum #referendum #eu #europe #vote #uk #britain #british #votestay #dataroaming #roaming #eurotariff #internet #mobiledata
Last month a controversial campaign by Saatchi & Saatchi with Operation Black Vote aimed to encourage the BAME communities to vote.
…and artists including Jefferson Hack and Wolfgang Tillmans released a series of open-source posters for the Britain Stronger in Europe campaign.
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum