Royal Mail has revealed it will release a range of stamps in tribute to David Bowie, featuring six of his most iconic album artworks. The covers are shown as vinyl sleeves on a white background, with an image of the vinyl itself emerging from the sleeve, which forms part of the shape of the stamp.
The album list includes Hunky Dory (1971), Aladdin Sane (1973), Heroes (1977), Let’s Dance (1983), Earthling (1997) and ★ (2016).
This is the latest in Royal Mail’s series of Music Giants stamp sets. In 2016 it released a similar range dedicated to Pink Floyd.
The range will be released on 14 March 2017 along with a range of prints and other souvenir ephemera, including a limited edition, framed giclee print of the Heroes stamp artwork. There is also a separate stamp sheet that features photos of David Bowie on four different live tours, including The Ziggy Stardust Tour (1973).
The stamp set alone is £6.48 and is available for pre-order.
- Say what you see, it’s Best of the Web!
- The art of plane watching captured by Mindaugas Kavaliauskas
- Friday Mixtape: escape from the world with Xenoula's ethereal mix
- Towers of Thanks: Res photographs his mother's life working for Donald Trump
- A world of pain: Sixteen Journal's latest issue
- R Kikuo Johnson on the importance of narrative in his illustrations
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner