Royal Mail has revealed it will release a range of stamps in tribute to David Bowie, featuring six of his most iconic album artworks. The covers are shown as vinyl sleeves on a white background, with an image of the vinyl itself emerging from the sleeve, which forms part of the shape of the stamp.
The album list includes Hunky Dory (1971), Aladdin Sane (1973), Heroes (1977), Let’s Dance (1983), Earthling (1997) and ★ (2016).
This is the latest in Royal Mail’s series of Music Giants stamp sets. In 2016 it released a similar range dedicated to Pink Floyd.
The range will be released on 14 March 2017 along with a range of prints and other souvenir ephemera, including a limited edition, framed giclee print of the Heroes stamp artwork. There is also a separate stamp sheet that features photos of David Bowie on four different live tours, including The Ziggy Stardust Tour (1973).
The stamp set alone is £6.48 and is available for pre-order.
- Foster Huntington’s stop-motion short of an '80s Californian skate off
- Dax Norman’s weird and wobbly animations with “cigarettes and eyeballs a plenty”
- Photographer Evija Laivina explores the ridiculous reality of the beauty industry
- Zhiyuan Yang's photos of her parents scrutinise China's nuclear family dynamics
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled