This year’s Emmy nominations have been announced, with the shortlist for outstanding animated program featuring Adventure Time’s tenth season finale, a four-episode special by Cartoon Network titled Come Along With Me. The special will be up against other major broadcasters’ series, including two from Netflix – Big Mouth and BoJack Horseman – as well as two from Fox – Bob’s Burgers and The Simpsons.
Come Along with Me begins a thousand years in the future, where Jake the Dog’s descendent Beth and a feline creature called Shermy are being told the story of “the Great Gum War” by BMO. It then cuts back to the present day, showing Jake and Finn’s “ultimate adventure”.
The Simpsons has been nominated for 78 Emmy awards since first airing in 1989 whereas this is Bob’s Burgers’ eighth nomination for this category, this time for the Just One of the Boyz 4 Now For Now episode.
This is the first year Big Mouth has been nominated for an Emmy, earning the nod for its episode, The Planned Parenthood Show. It’s also the first time BoJack has been shortlisted for best animated program – which it celebrated with the tweet below. The Netflix series was nominated particularly for its Free Churro episode.
Despite ending the TV show with this special, Adventure Time is set to continue in comic book form, with the 11th series published by Boom Studios.
The Emmy Awards take place on 15 September 2019.
- Podcast company Gimlet’s new identity by GrandArmy is designed not to be too “slick”
- Utopia and dystopia collide in Bysanz Baisen Zhou’s other-worldly creations
- Who are the people with the power to design the system we live in? Digital artist Peter Burr investigates
- Design studio de_form on its exhibition identity for Erik Kessels’ latest show
- Traditional fashion photography, fine art and 3D renders combine in Olya Oleinic's portfolio
- Cabeza Patata on finding the right way to represent the diversity of the world around us
- Led By Donkeys is crowdfunding £50,000 for “honest” No Deal Brexit ad campaign
- Taschen’s recent release celebrates “the greatest cat photographer of the 20th Century”
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!
- Suzy Chan’s portfolio boasts original graphic design, animation, typography and so much more
- A logo costs $1200 in 2019, according to Folyo’s graphic design pricing list
- Juuso Westerlund’s tender photographs of his sons capture the essence of childhood