Issue 94 of Eye magazine has been released with 8000 unique covers designed by MuirMcneil. The issue, a type special, uses two typefaces, TwoPoint and TwoPlus, and HP Mosaic technology to create the individual covers.
Using a digital printing press and Mosaic, a variable data program (which was also used when Emily Forgot created 2000 unique bottles for Heineken) a different image file was created for each pass of the press, created from a number of ‘seed files’ supplied by MuirMcneil. The artwork is resized, rotated and recoloured for each cover.
Inside the issue readers can find features about Nadine Chahine, MuirMcneil, NovoTypo, House Industries, Neue Kabel and more. Eye has released a video about the contents of issue 94 here.
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum