Royal Mail has released a set of stamps featuring 15 depictions of HBO’s series Game of Thrones. The first class stamps “mark the significant British contribution to the award winning drama series”. The stamps were designed by London-based design agency GBH London with digital post production from Smoke & Mirrors.
Each stamp features photographic representations of the central characters from the seven seasons of Game of Thrones. In total there are ten stamps that “embody the crux of each character’s story,” featuring Sansa Stark; Jon Snow; Eddard Stark; Olenna Tyrell; Tywin Lannister; Tyrion Lannister; Cersei Lannister; Arya Stark; Jamie Lannister and Daenerys Targaryen. In addition there are five stamps that feature the non-human characters of the series including: the Night King and White Walkers; Giants; Direwolves; Dragons and the Iron Throne itself.
The stamps go on sale 23 January alongside an extensive range of products, souvenirs, limited editions and gifts.
- “I absolutely hated it”: Heath West on why he left architecture for the art industry
- Hubert Crabières captures a brilliantly absurd celebrating family for Edicola
- Illustrator Holly St Clair uses the rhythm of a joke in her portfolio of sculptures, textiles and prints
- Jules Durant aims to “design cool new fonts” beyond the Latin alphabet
- For Alice Franchetti, graphic design is the sweet spot where maths and intuition meet
- Lucy Sherston finds that leaving out parts of a composition is just as important as the bits kept in
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!