Royal Mail has released a set of stamps featuring 15 depictions of HBO’s series Game of Thrones. The first class stamps “mark the significant British contribution to the award winning drama series”. The stamps were designed by London-based design agency GBH London with digital post production from Smoke & Mirrors.
Each stamp features photographic representations of the central characters from the seven seasons of Game of Thrones. In total there are ten stamps that “embody the crux of each character’s story,” featuring Sansa Stark; Jon Snow; Eddard Stark; Olenna Tyrell; Tywin Lannister; Tyrion Lannister; Cersei Lannister; Arya Stark; Jamie Lannister and Daenerys Targaryen. In addition there are five stamps that feature the non-human characters of the series including: the Night King and White Walkers; Giants; Direwolves; Dragons and the Iron Throne itself.
The stamps go on sale 23 January alongside an extensive range of products, souvenirs, limited editions and gifts.
- Jenny Schweitzer's latest short is an uplifting account of life in an American retirement home
- Next 2 Nothing is the how-to manual of tips and tricks for any aspiring filmmaker
- Haleigh Mun on finding her own illustrative style rather than trying to be a “cool artist”
- Genuine collaborations inform Swiss design studio Omnigroup's broad practice
- Filmmaker Duncan Cowles on how your own tone of voice can create the best audience reaction
- "Logos date like clothes": Six designers debate what makes an ideal brand identity
- An egg beats Kylie Jenner to become the most liked Instagram photo... ever
- Mastercard reveals new nameless logo courtesy of Michael Bierut
- Sam Youkilis uses scale, form and colour to challenge the tropes of travel photography
- Betina Du Toit's naturally-beautiful images are “stripped back from the non-essential”
- Giacomo Gambineri on shifting his creative career from graphic designer to illustrator
- Hiroki Nishiyama draws on traditional graphic design techniques in his illustration practice