Royal Mail has released a set of stamps featuring 15 depictions of HBO’s series Game of Thrones. The first class stamps “mark the significant British contribution to the award winning drama series”. The stamps were designed by London-based design agency GBH London with digital post production from Smoke & Mirrors.
Each stamp features photographic representations of the central characters from the seven seasons of Game of Thrones. In total there are ten stamps that “embody the crux of each character’s story,” featuring Sansa Stark; Jon Snow; Eddard Stark; Olenna Tyrell; Tywin Lannister; Tyrion Lannister; Cersei Lannister; Arya Stark; Jamie Lannister and Daenerys Targaryen. In addition there are five stamps that feature the non-human characters of the series including: the Night King and White Walkers; Giants; Direwolves; Dragons and the Iron Throne itself.
The stamps go on sale 23 January alongside an extensive range of products, souvenirs, limited editions and gifts.
- Rosie Yasukochi's vibrant comic reflects on post-generational trauma
- Patrick Kyle's helpful advice on how to start out at illustration fairs
- "Don't drink and dance in front of your peers": ten creatives on their biggest mistakes
- Rachel Louise Hodgson’s drawings challenge traditional ideals of beauty
- Sam Conniff rouses the Nicer Tuesdays audience to Be More Pirate
- Koln Studio designs artist's catalogue using improvisation and fun
- Crayola launches a makeup range based on its ubiquitous crayons
- Portfolio tips from top studios: what to leave in (and out) and how to get noticed
- The Graduates 2018: Should I get a job or go freelance?
- All internships are not created equal: how to spot the best opportunities and have the courage to reject the duds
- Erik Spiekermann brings five unfinished fonts from Bauhaus design masters to life with Adobe
- Why counter-culture matters: Rough Trade launches publishing venture designed by Craig Oldham