Royal Mail has released a set of stamps featuring 15 depictions of HBO’s series Game of Thrones. The first class stamps “mark the significant British contribution to the award winning drama series”. The stamps were designed by London-based design agency GBH London with digital post production from Smoke & Mirrors.
Each stamp features photographic representations of the central characters from the seven seasons of Game of Thrones. In total there are ten stamps that “embody the crux of each character’s story,” featuring Sansa Stark; Jon Snow; Eddard Stark; Olenna Tyrell; Tywin Lannister; Tyrion Lannister; Cersei Lannister; Arya Stark; Jamie Lannister and Daenerys Targaryen. In addition there are five stamps that feature the non-human characters of the series including: the Night King and White Walkers; Giants; Direwolves; Dragons and the Iron Throne itself.
The stamps go on sale 23 January alongside an extensive range of products, souvenirs, limited editions and gifts.
- Charlotte Wales shoots Botticelli-esque editorial for British Vogue's September issue
- Kaye Blegvad on the making of Dog Years, her book about surviving depression
- Photographer Carl Oliver Ander examines "the false relationship to reality that the medium has"
- Photographer Ellius Grace captures the ghostly churches of Ireland and the figures that haunt them
- William Farr’s floral sculptures are a celebration of ephemera and controlled chaos
- George Fletcher's typeface Hinault, inspired by 1980s cycling, is full of character and detail
- Introducing The Graduates class of 2018!
- Graphic designers Dorothy comprehensively map out the history of club culture
- Meet Adelia Lim, a graphic designer not afraid to poke a little fun at the industry
- Can Yang's graphic design style is deep-rooted in her Chinese heritage
- New Zealander Luke Hoban designs websites that not only have form and function, but flair
- Jackson Joyce's melancholic illustrations inspired by childhood nostalgia