Jonathan Barnbrook has been awarded the Grammy for Best Recording Package for his artwork for David Bowie’s ★.
Other nominees in this category included the cover of Parquet Courts’ Human Performance by the band’s singer and guitarist Andrew Savage; and the artwork for Rihanna’s Anti, art directed by Robyn Fenty, Roy Nachum and Ciarra Pardo. Also nominated were Reckless Kelly’s Sunset Motel art directed by Sarah and Shauna Dodds, and Eric Timothy Carlson for Bon Iver’s 22, A Million.
Illustrator Gérard Lo Monaco won the Grammy for Best Boxed or Special Limited Edition Package for design of Warner Music’s Edith Piaf 1915-2015 release.
The video for Beyoncé’s Formation directed by Melina Matsoukas won Best Music Video. Also nominated were Upside Down & Inside Out by OK Go, directed by Damian Kulash Jr. and Trish Sie; and Jamie XX’s Gosh directed by Romain Gavras.
Best Music Film went to The Beatles: Eight Days a Week The Touring Years directed by Ron Howard.
A full list of winners can be viewed here.
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum