Jonathan Barnbrook has been awarded the Grammy for Best Recording Package for his artwork for David Bowie’s ★.
Other nominees in this category included the cover of Parquet Courts’ Human Performance by the band’s singer and guitarist Andrew Savage; and the artwork for Rihanna’s Anti, art directed by Robyn Fenty, Roy Nachum and Ciarra Pardo. Also nominated were Reckless Kelly’s Sunset Motel art directed by Sarah and Shauna Dodds, and Eric Timothy Carlson for Bon Iver’s 22, A Million.
Illustrator Gérard Lo Monaco won the Grammy for Best Boxed or Special Limited Edition Package for design of Warner Music’s Edith Piaf 1915-2015 release.
The video for Beyoncé’s Formation directed by Melina Matsoukas won Best Music Video. Also nominated were Upside Down & Inside Out by OK Go, directed by Damian Kulash Jr. and Trish Sie; and Jamie XX’s Gosh directed by Romain Gavras.
Best Music Film went to The Beatles: Eight Days a Week The Touring Years directed by Ron Howard.
A full list of winners can be viewed here.
- Izabela Jurcewicz uses her camera to become both a surgeon and a patient
- XYZ Lab designs a removable and “grotesque” fifth issue for Rouge Fashion Book
- Relive the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer through Summer of Something Special
- Intimate, safe and romantic: Ekaterina Popova paints the interiors of her friend’s bedrooms
- Alfie Dwyer on creating game-like worlds and moulding tangible films like “putty”
- Through playful forms, Bára Růžičková tackles the rigid structure of the design industry
- Facebook rebrands to distinguish the company from the app
- Jack Kenyon photographs the wondrous spectacle of the Supreme Cat Show
- &Walsh designs Zooba's identity inspired by the busy streets of Cairo
- A book chronicling tiny, bizarre treasures curated by Wes Anderson and Juman Malouf
- Find hidden squares and experimental inktraps in Fatih Hardal's FH Giselle
- Pentagram’s Giorgia Lupi on her data-driven designs for & Other Stories