Jonathan Barnbrook has been awarded the Grammy for Best Recording Package for his artwork for David Bowie’s ★.
Other nominees in this category included the cover of Parquet Courts’ Human Performance by the band’s singer and guitarist Andrew Savage; and the artwork for Rihanna’s Anti, art directed by Robyn Fenty, Roy Nachum and Ciarra Pardo. Also nominated were Reckless Kelly’s Sunset Motel art directed by Sarah and Shauna Dodds, and Eric Timothy Carlson for Bon Iver’s 22, A Million.
Illustrator Gérard Lo Monaco won the Grammy for Best Boxed or Special Limited Edition Package for design of Warner Music’s Edith Piaf 1915-2015 release.
The video for Beyoncé’s Formation directed by Melina Matsoukas won Best Music Video. Also nominated were Upside Down & Inside Out by OK Go, directed by Damian Kulash Jr. and Trish Sie; and Jamie XX’s Gosh directed by Romain Gavras.
Best Music Film went to The Beatles: Eight Days a Week The Touring Years directed by Ron Howard.
A full list of winners can be viewed here.
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled