Jean Jullien has worked with Vogue to create a set of iMessage stickers for AW17. The set of 24 illustrations, some animated by Jean’s brother Nicolas Jullien, loosely surrounds the theme of fashion poking light fun at the industry. A wide-eyed woman applies red lipstick all over her face, another quickly backs away from a wine-sipping group at an event, while another’s eyes droop from FROW fatigue.
Created in time for a fall fashion refresh, says Vogue, this is a “stylish makeover for your phone. There’s an endless revolving door for when Fashion Week has you crazed, a literal cat catwalk for your sassier days, and an AWOK Post-it for when your look gets the Vogue stamp of approval.”
Typically for the illustrator, the style parodies in a charming and lovably naive way, capturing accessible and comedic characters and scenarios. They’re not all fashion-specific either – there’s a tapping stilettoed foot, a gleeful stuffed suitcase and a character slumped in an armchair that could apply to any of us after a hard day’s work.
Download the Vogue app in the App Store to have access to the stickers on your iMessage.
- Meet the speakers: Dougal Wilson, Ewen Spencer, GraphicDesign& and Gal-dem
- Claire Hentschker: the artist who recreated The Shining as an interactive 3D space
- Rosanna Webster and Phoebe Henry’s cinematic portrait of Cuba
- Alex Hunting’s crisp editorial designs are considered and multi-layered
- Raine Allen Miller’s latest ad shows kids experiencing the “side effects” of tech toys
- Colin Pantall's warm depiction of childhood and fatherhood taken over 12 years
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner