Yesterday, six years after it launched, crowdfunding website Kickstarter successfully funded its 100,000th project. A photobook titled Falkland/Malvinas: One War, All Wars hit its $45,000 target last night, becoming the landmark project for the website.
To celebrate, Kickstarter has pulled together a list of 100 facts about the website that details the scope of the impact the platform has had. Below are some notable statistics they have compiled and you can read the full list here.
– Time it took to reach the first 100 successfully funded projects: 121 days
– Highest number of successfully funded projects by a single creator: 94
– Number of countries represented by the backers of the project with the most international support: 169
– Number of backers who pledged to those 100,000 projects: 9,088,422
– Number of creators who have won a Grammy for their Kickstarter project so far: 4