Rachael Yaeger (Human NYC) and Zach Pollakoff (1m1w1d) have conceived a new creative conference Likeminds, inviting designers, artists and tech-savvy creatives to an old summer camp in Beacon, upstate New York for a weekend of food, drinks, live music, and a schedule of speakers.
In support of the creative conference, two of the speakers Leta Sobierajski and Wade Jeffree have taken charge of the art direction and branding, making effective use of type across the lucidly designed website, printed materials and social media posts.
Working alongside photographer and frequent collaborator Meredith Jenks, the team has created a series of high-colour, eye-catching visuals, showcasing the event’s remit of promoting collaboration between creatives in the industry.
“Likeminds is a weekend conference focusing on the intersections of art and tech. Bringing NYC creative types to the woods to slow down for a weekend and to meet one another out of the context of the hectic city,” explain the organisers. “Each 30 minute talk will explore how and why one can pursue their passions as a career focusing on collaboration, art, technology and community.”
Other speakers include Lotta Nieminen, Mike Perry, Adam J. Kurtz, Sougwen Chung, Anna Wolf, Lisa Butterworth, Hugh Francis, Bryan Mahoney, Ben Dickinson, Jacob Heftmann, Jake Hobart, and Matt Daniels.
Live music performances will come from the likes of Sullen Prospector, Prince Rama, Uni Ika Ai, Cut Worms, Sound of Ceres, and Angel Deradoorian. There will be installations from Phhhoto, One Thousand Birds, and Fall On Your Sword.
Likeminds will take place 26 – 28 August, 2016 at University Settlement Camp in Beacon, New York.
- Illustrator Ben Kopp’s nostalgia-drenched personal work
- Iggy Ldn's poignant new film Silk reclaims the essence of the jazz era in the 21st century
- Ways of Seeing: Laurie Rowan fills FACT's architectural space with a troop of exploring characters
- Brian Blomerth illustrates a journey to "surf discovery" even though he's terrible at surfing
- Photographer Sam Gregg shoots the true face of Naples
- Prolific artist Miroco Machiko’s animal menagerie
- Netflix unveils Netflix Sans, a new custom typeface developed with Dalton Maag
- Lacoste swaps famous crocodile logo for ten endangered species
- A chat with the Orwellian mastermind in charge of the UK town known as Scarfolk
- Director of Taylor Swift's Delicate video accused of copying Spike Jonze’s Kenzo advert
- Dive into Mikey Joyce's portfolio with its “healthy balance of calculated and convoluted silliness"
- Original sets and puppets from Wes Anderson’s Isle of Dogs to be exhibited in London