Iranian refugee and animator Majid Adin has directed a short film for charity Help Refugees, titled The Journey. Majid travelled across Europe in 2015 seeking asylum in the UK, and studied fine art before beginning a career in animation production. In May 2017 he won the animation category of Elton John’s music video competition, creating the official video for Rocket Man, drawing on his experience as a refugee, with Blinkink’s Stephen McNally.
Majid once again collaborated with Blinkink on The Journey, an emotive tale following a young Syrian boy whose home has been torn apart by war. Separated from his family during an aerial attack, he embarks on a long, dangerous journey to be reunited with his parents. The film’s release aims to raise awareness of the ongoing refugee crisis and raise money for families facing extreme winter conditions across Europe and the Middle East this Christmas. According to Help Refugees, one in every 200 children across the globe are now displaced.
“Help Refugees was such a support to me when I was in the Calais ‘Jungle’ so it has been an honour to work with them and Blinkink on this project. If this film helps just one of the millions of refugee children struggling this winter, then it will have done its job.”
- Photographer Svetlana Bulatova documents the environmental trauma of the Chechen wars
- From designer to full time artist, Caroline Walls on her gestural paintings
- Benjamin Muzzin on how digital art needs to be “shaken up badly”
- Choose Your Fighter: illustrator Kevin Sabo’s queering of hyper-masculine gaming culture
- Matthew Jones gives insight into Accept & Proceed's work for Nasa
- Illustrator Jordan Awan on fulfilling his childhood dream
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Apple's new typeface is available for use right now
- Channelling personality into branding: Commission Studio on Fenty’s new visual identity
- Does the perfect portfolio exist? Top creatives and studios offer their advice
- Droga5 unveils undulating identity for London’s newest outdoor destination, The Tide
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!