Artist Mat Maitland has created fresh new artwork for upcoming band Fickle Friends.
Working as a creative director and collage artist at Big Active Design, Mat has created a range of sleeve artworks for musicians such as Shura and Basement Jaxx. Fickle Friends, a Brighton based band already causing a fuss on the new music scene with just three singles to their name, asked Mat to visualise their sound as fans of his work. Mat will continue to do the artwork for their upcoming releases and subsequent album.
On creating the single artwork for the band Mat explained that, “Fickle Friends’ music is the perfect fit with my collage work both being pop with a slightly surreal undertone. The visual thread for the art is ‘faceless girl’ which relates to the bands lyrics as well as being a comment on identity.”
- Photographer Sophie Stafford on shooting the Saharan desert’s largest celebration
- Taylor Benson's “old school” illustrations are inspired by anxiety, Seinfeld and 70s cartoons
- Rade Petrasevic reimagines still lifes in his vibrant, large-scale drawings
- Boys and beer: animator Laura Jayne Hodkin's hilariously unapologetic depiction of female friendship
- Photographer Jim Jocoy's book chronicles San Francisco’s booming 1970s music scene
- Get to know Jyan Ku's lovely hybrid of "friendly art, not difficult art"
- The Scouts rebrand aims to reflect a “more relevant image of Scouting”
- Airbnb launches new bespoke font Cereal, designed with Dalton Maag for online and offline fluidity
- Benedikt Luft's identity for Lazy represents the joyful nature of a drunken outdoor party
- Sound and vision: Parquet Courts' A. Savage on life as an artist and musician
- Bonjour Garçon combines photography and graphic design to make "strong and delicate" work
- From being bad to burping glitter: things we learned at The Adobe 99U Conference