Artist Mat Maitland has created fresh new artwork for upcoming band Fickle Friends.
Working as a creative director and collage artist at Big Active Design, Mat has created a range of sleeve artworks for musicians such as Shura and Basement Jaxx. Fickle Friends, a Brighton based band already causing a fuss on the new music scene with just three singles to their name, asked Mat to visualise their sound as fans of his work. Mat will continue to do the artwork for their upcoming releases and subsequent album.
On creating the single artwork for the band Mat explained that, “Fickle Friends’ music is the perfect fit with my collage work both being pop with a slightly surreal undertone. The visual thread for the art is ‘faceless girl’ which relates to the bands lyrics as well as being a comment on identity.”
- The legacy of late NYC street photographer Arlene Gottfried
- Nice Magazine nurtures and honestly represents young talent from the African continent
- Designer Raoul Gottschling on branding shape-shifting spaces and happy accidents
- Judit Kristensen on the pace and vulnerability of her pencil portraits
- Kim Jakobsen To's honest and impeccably stylish photography
- Graphic designer Johanna Burai's work is as critical and politically charged as ever
- Lacoste swaps famous crocodile logo for ten endangered species
- Director of Taylor Swift's Delicate video accused of copying Spike Jonze’s Kenzo advert
- These Swedish kids designed a typeface to celebrate their neighbourhood
- Discover Harvard student Mindy Seu's research-focused design practice
- A new Vitra Museum exhibition shows the hedonistic history of nightclub design
- Forget about Playboy; Leste is the community-led magazine of new erotics