Artist Mat Maitland has created fresh new artwork for upcoming band Fickle Friends.
Working as a creative director and collage artist at Big Active Design, Mat has created a range of sleeve artworks for musicians such as Shura and Basement Jaxx. Fickle Friends, a Brighton based band already causing a fuss on the new music scene with just three singles to their name, asked Mat to visualise their sound as fans of his work. Mat will continue to do the artwork for their upcoming releases and subsequent album.
On creating the single artwork for the band Mat explained that, “Fickle Friends’ music is the perfect fit with my collage work both being pop with a slightly surreal undertone. The visual thread for the art is ‘faceless girl’ which relates to the bands lyrics as well as being a comment on identity.”
- Anyways animates the rich history of Soho and Spitalfields for Fora
- Christoph Niemann on the mammoth task of designing a mural with 20,000 tiles
- Cowboy-centric style and loaves of bread feature in Agnieszka Chabros' latest series
- “I've just always liked drawing people”: Haley Tippmann on her observational illustrations
- Miner magazine evokes a narrative around men in rabbit suits and internet celebrities
- José Castrellón documents the workers smuggling fuel from Venezuela into Colombia
- Working Not Working reveals the top companies creatives want to work at
- Mastercard reveals new nameless logo courtesy of Michael Bierut
- An egg beats Kylie Jenner to become the most liked Instagram photo... ever
- Sam Youkilis uses scale, form and colour to challenge the tropes of travel photography
- In praise of doing nothing: How to turn boredom into brilliant ideas
- WeWork gets a new name, and a slightly new look too