Each month we invite creatives from across the world to invent creative briefs which everyone, no matter your talents, can get involved in. At the end of week, the best of the bunch are featured right here on It’s Nice That. Watch out this time next month for a new challenge to get involved in.
Last week, Abbie Freeman set our Monthly Brief asking you to “re-create a classic design in crayon”. Below, Abbie has picked some of her favourite submissions for your perusal.
“You can tell in all of the ones chosen that they’ve had a conversation with the crayon whilst drawing their piece. You can plan to a certain degree, but it’s when you reach the details, you have to make a decision on how to convey the work with a limited medium, which I think brings out the true charm of the crayon.”
Check out the #ItsBriefThat hashtag over on Instagram for more amazing entries!
- Izabela Jurcewicz uses her camera to become both a surgeon and a patient
- XYZ Lab designs a removable and “grotesque” fifth issue for Rouge Fashion Book
- Relive the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer through Summer of Something Special
- Intimate, safe and romantic: Ekaterina Popova paints the interiors of her friend’s bedrooms
- Alfie Dwyer on creating game-like worlds and moulding tangible films like “putty”
- Through playful forms, Bára Růžičková tackles the rigid structure of the design industry
- Facebook rebrands to distinguish the company from the app
- Jack Kenyon photographs the wondrous spectacle of the Supreme Cat Show
- &Walsh designs Zooba's identity inspired by the busy streets of Cairo
- A book chronicling tiny, bizarre treasures curated by Wes Anderson and Juman Malouf
- Find hidden squares and experimental inktraps in Fatih Hardal's FH Giselle
- Pentagram’s Giorgia Lupi on her data-driven designs for & Other Stories