Each month we invite creatives from across the world to invent creative briefs which everyone, no matter your talents, can get involved in. At the end of week, the best of the bunch are featured right here on It’s Nice That. Watch out this time next month for a new challenge to get involved in.
Last week, Abbie Freeman set our Monthly Brief asking you to “re-create a classic design in crayon”. Below, Abbie has picked some of her favourite submissions for your perusal.
“You can tell in all of the ones chosen that they’ve had a conversation with the crayon whilst drawing their piece. You can plan to a certain degree, but it’s when you reach the details, you have to make a decision on how to convey the work with a limited medium, which I think brings out the true charm of the crayon.”
Check out the #ItsBriefThat hashtag over on Instagram for more amazing entries!
- “All I could see was puppets”: Johnny Kelly on his series of sweet shorts for Cheerios
- Melek Zertal's illustrations all feature different versions of herself
- Wyatt Knowles on his DIY approach to poster design
- Jaemin Lee takes on the influence of 80s pop in his illustrative process and aesthetic
- A Pint in London: a new game where the quest is for the perfect tipple
- “There is no value in change for change’s sake”: an exclusive look at Spin's update of Mubi’s visual language
- Get ready for 230 new emojis to confuse your mum with
- Netflix rolls out brand new ident for all its original material
- David Rothenberg discusses his unique portraits of the passengers of planes
- Photographer Nick Turpin captures cars bathed in the lights of Piccadilly Circus
- Byun Young Geun likens illustration to “looking into a mirror”
- Naranjo-Etxeberria designs an identity aiming to cause impact at first glance