Each month we invite creatives from across the world to invent briefs which everyone, no matter your talents, can get involved in. At the end of the week the best of the bunch are featured right here on It’s Nice That. Watch out this time next month for a new challenge to get involved in.
This week photographer George Muncey asked you to “create an image which sums up where you live” – a visual exploration into the emotional relationship, atmosphere, or culture of where you call home.
Below, George picks out the images he feels best answered the brief. Well done to everyone who got involved!
- Alice Zoo documents the real day-to-day lives of performers in a travelling circus
- Jenny Schweitzer's latest short is an uplifting account of life in an American retirement home
- Next 2 Nothing is the how-to manual of tips and tricks for any aspiring filmmaker
- Haleigh Mun on finding her own illustrative style rather than trying to be a “cool artist”
- Genuine collaborations inform Swiss design studio Omnigroup's broad practice
- Filmmaker Duncan Cowles on how your own tone of voice can create the best audience reaction
- An egg beats Kylie Jenner to become the most liked Instagram photo... ever
- Mastercard reveals new nameless logo courtesy of Michael Bierut
- Sam Youkilis uses scale, form and colour to challenge the tropes of travel photography
- Betina Du Toit's naturally-beautiful images are “stripped back from the non-essential”
- Giacomo Gambineri on shifting his creative career from graphic designer to illustrator
- Hiroki Nishiyama draws on traditional graphic design techniques in his illustration practice