Neil Krug has photographed Bat for Lashes as The Bride, the character taken on by the musician for her new concept album of the same name. The cinematic series of photographs captures Bat for Lashes’ Natasha Khan in shots packed with narrative: driving with her veil blowing in the wind in front of a salmon pink skyline, or in dramatic fuchsia spotlights, together with atmospheric shots of the moody night sky.
The series was an idea conceived by Neil and Natasha to accompany the album, which follows the fictional story of a woman whose fiancé has been killed in a crash on the way to their wedding, so she flees the scene to go on honeymoon alone. It demonstrates Neil’s flair for saturated colour and dramatic scenography, shown in previous photographic depictions of Lana Del Rey, Justice and Tame Impala.
The photo series will be exhibited at Sonos Studio in London alongside painting and video installations from 5 — 24 July.
- Caterina Bianchini on her three processes when designing posters
- Friday Mixtape: illustrator pals Jan Buchczik and Timo Lenzen on their studio tunes
- B.A.M's new identity for White Cube is an “evolution rather than a revolution”
- Mosh Pit Simulator, perhaps the craziest VR game yet, launches later this month
- Fantastic Man releases What Men Wear, an anthology of male dressing in the 21st Century
- Interior Lives documents the unassimilated lives of the largest Chinese population outside of Asia
- An egg beats Kylie Jenner to become the most liked Instagram photo... ever
- Mastercard reveals new nameless logo courtesy of Michael Bierut
- Sam Youkilis uses scale, form and colour to challenge the tropes of travel photography
- Betina Du Toit's naturally-beautiful images are “stripped back from the non-essential”
- Giacomo Gambineri on shifting his creative career from graphic designer to illustrator
- Hiroki Nishiyama draws on traditional graphic design techniques in his illustration practice