Artists Raymond Pettibon and Marcel Dzama have collaborated on a new limited-edition zine named Illegitimate President. The publication, launching through David Zwirner Books at Printed Matter’s LA Art Book Fair from 24–26 February, includes drawings, collages, comic strips and protest posters and aims to “address recent political events”.
“To celebrate Presidents’ Day, Raymond Pettibon and myself made a new zine titled Illegitimate President,” Marcel wrote on Instagram. Proceeds from sales of the zine will be donated to the American Civil Liberties Union.
The zine features provocative artworks created in collaboration by the two artists, such as Oh beautiful tyranny and The bottomless pit from which light cannot escape!, themed around protesting Donald Trump.
Other works include Pussy gonna change the world, Who knows what’ll happen, but it don’t look good, and A new revolution takes shape, depicting a shredded American flag. Most use mixed media such as acrylic, ink, collage and graphite on paper.
The 36-page, full-colour has been printed in a run of 250 copies, and is on sale for $50/£40.
- Miranda July’s latest work is a high-tech portrait of the Uber driver who took her to interview Rihanna
- Léa Augereau's figurative paintings feature a diverse range of strong and confident women
- Artist Adam Ferriss' photography filters are better than any on Snapchat
- Graphic designer Jaap Smit physicalises the web in his data-driven practice
- How Alex Prager made the world stop and stare
- Photographer Louise Reinke's latest shoot is inspired by the legendary Dionne Warwick
- "Don't drink and dance in front of your peers": ten creatives on their biggest mistakes
- All internships are not created equal: how to spot the best opportunities and have the courage to reject the duds
- Crayola launches a makeup range based on its ubiquitous crayons
- Beyoncé and Jay Z take over the Louvre for Apeshit music video
- Why counter-culture matters: Rough Trade launches publishing venture designed by Craig Oldham
- Greg Sharp animates a video that builds in momentum for the catchiest song of the year