Rihanna has been long known for her ever-evolving style. The latest advert from her beauty line Fenty Beauty meditates on the idea that not only is make-up a means by which to reflect a mood to the outside world, but most crucially, that it can be used by all genders.
My Fenty, My Mood features social media star Kwaylon Rogers, who performs under the name BlameitonKway. “My Fenty, my mood,” opens the comedian, before the film cuts to show him slicked in red lipstick and dressed in a red silk dressing gown straddling a gold chair — perhaps in homage to Rihanna’s notorious Pour It Up video.
Next, we see BlameitonKway wearing pink lipstick to match an all-baby pink aerobics look as he leads an exercise class. We follow the comedian through a hilarious sequence demonstrating the different moods Fenty Beauty lipsticks have the power to convey.
The one minute advert was directed by Elijah Steen.
- Lukasz Rusznica journeys into the spirit world with his publication Subterranean River
- Photographer Josh Adam Jones challenges western preconceptions of the Middle East in XO
- Studio Above&Below uses code and emerging tech to improve our planet's wellbeing
- Studio Frith designs Kitty Travers' La Grotta Ices into "a book you want to lick"
- Vicki King explains how she uses photography to elevate the mundane
- Ailsa Johnson’s illustrations draw on the everyday magic of Japanese culture
- Adobe has added 665 new Monotype fonts to Creative Cloud
- Introducing The Graduates class of 2018!
- Swiss design practice Dinamo develops new visual identity for Tumblr
- America's getting a space force and wants Trump supporters to choose its logo
- Meet Adelia Lim, a graphic designer not afraid to poke a little fun at the industry
- "What is my opinion?": Graphic designer James Aspey's research-focused, typographic practice