Rihanna has been long known for her ever-evolving style. The latest advert from her beauty line Fenty Beauty meditates on the idea that not only is make-up a means by which to reflect a mood to the outside world, but most crucially, that it can be used by all genders.
My Fenty, My Mood features social media star Kwaylon Rogers, who performs under the name BlameitonKway. “My Fenty, my mood,” opens the comedian, before the film cuts to show him slicked in red lipstick and dressed in a red silk dressing gown straddling a gold chair — perhaps in homage to Rihanna’s notorious Pour It Up video.
Next, we see BlameitonKway wearing pink lipstick to match an all-baby pink aerobics look as he leads an exercise class. We follow the comedian through a hilarious sequence demonstrating the different moods Fenty Beauty lipsticks have the power to convey.
The one minute advert was directed by Elijah Steen.
- Photographer Ronan Mckenzie on the details that go into curating your own exhibition
- Illustrator José Ja Ja Ja is “fascinated with the possibilities of the medium”
- Berlin-based design studio Arc on contrasting typefaces and demanding fair pay
- Regular Practice's Bookshelf helps inform its microscopic attention to type and print
- Viviana Troya presents egg-based optical illusions in new work Hatchery
- Maximilian Virgili on photographing the romance and randomness of Mexico
- Mastercard reveals new nameless logo courtesy of Michael Bierut
- An egg beats Kylie Jenner to become the most liked Instagram photo... ever
- Sam Youkilis uses scale, form and colour to challenge the tropes of travel photography
- WeWork gets a new name, and a slightly new look too
- Hiroki Nishiyama draws on traditional graphic design techniques in his illustration practice
- Working Not Working reveals the top companies creatives want to work at