Rihanna has been long known for her ever-evolving style. The latest advert from her beauty line Fenty Beauty meditates on the idea that not only is make-up a means by which to reflect a mood to the outside world, but most crucially, that it can be used by all genders.
My Fenty, My Mood features social media star Kwaylon Rogers, who performs under the name BlameitonKway. “My Fenty, my mood,” opens the comedian, before the film cuts to show him slicked in red lipstick and dressed in a red silk dressing gown straddling a gold chair — perhaps in homage to Rihanna’s notorious Pour It Up video.
Next, we see BlameitonKway wearing pink lipstick to match an all-baby pink aerobics look as he leads an exercise class. We follow the comedian through a hilarious sequence demonstrating the different moods Fenty Beauty lipsticks have the power to convey.
The one minute advert was directed by Elijah Steen.
- Photographer Timothy Schaumburg takes us behind the scenes of plastic surgery prep
- The Line King: A profile of Al Hirschfeld, on the prolific characterist’s 115th birthday
- Ditto publish 100 Club Stories in celebration of the iconic London venue
- Adobe Stock identifies 'multilocalism' as the next trend to shape visual culture
- “I want my work to function like a good book": illustrator Charlotte Ager
- "Even if you cover a shit in glitter it’s still a shit": top creatives show us their CVs
- "Don't drink and dance in front of your peers": ten creatives on their biggest mistakes
- Tsto returns to design Flow Festival's identity, pushing and playing with its typography
- Beyoncé and Jay Z take over the Louvre for Apeshit music video
- All internships are not created equal: how to spot the best opportunities and have the courage to reject the duds
- How Alex Prager made the world stop and stare
- Neville Brody launches type foundry, Brody Fonts