In recent years, athleisure has transcended trend to become a lifestyle worn by everyone from Kim Kardashian to the all female squads who turn your favourite brunch spot into an obstacle course with a mountain of Lululemon yoga mats.
Nike’s new spot — ok, Saturday Night Live spoof — acknowledges that leggings aren’t only worn for sport.
“With Nike, women push it to the limit every day,” a female VO intones over a sequence of scenes showing women training in stark, sweaty industrial gyms. “Because what you do is who you are,” the voice over continues. “I’m a runner, I run”, says one woman. “I’m a fighter, I fight,” adds another. “And I just sit the hell down and chill in these soft pants,” SNL cast member Aidy Bryant spits.
The spot continues with Kate McKinnon and Aidy Bryant lounging, with some intensity, on their sofas, all the while epousing the benefits of Nike’s “Pro-Chiller Leggings”.
- Photographer Timothy Schaumburg takes us behind the scenes of plastic surgery prep
- The Line King: A profile of Al Hirschfeld, on the prolific characterist’s 115th birthday
- Ditto publish 100 Club Stories in celebration of the iconic London venue
- Adobe Stock identifies 'multilocalism' as the next trend to shape visual culture
- “I want my work to function like a good book": illustrator Charlotte Ager
- "Even if you cover a shit in glitter it’s still a shit": top creatives show us their CVs
- "Don't drink and dance in front of your peers": ten creatives on their biggest mistakes
- Tsto returns to design Flow Festival's identity, pushing and playing with its typography
- Beyoncé and Jay Z take over the Louvre for Apeshit music video
- All internships are not created equal: how to spot the best opportunities and have the courage to reject the duds
- How Alex Prager made the world stop and stare
- Neville Brody launches type foundry, Brody Fonts