In recent years, athleisure has transcended trend to become a lifestyle worn by everyone from Kim Kardashian to the all female squads who turn your favourite brunch spot into an obstacle course with a mountain of Lululemon yoga mats.
Nike’s new spot — ok, Saturday Night Live spoof — acknowledges that leggings aren’t only worn for sport.
“With Nike, women push it to the limit every day,” a female VO intones over a sequence of scenes showing women training in stark, sweaty industrial gyms. “Because what you do is who you are,” the voice over continues. “I’m a runner, I run”, says one woman. “I’m a fighter, I fight,” adds another. “And I just sit the hell down and chill in these soft pants,” SNL cast member Aidy Bryant spits.
The spot continues with Kate McKinnon and Aidy Bryant lounging, with some intensity, on their sofas, all the while epousing the benefits of Nike’s “Pro-Chiller Leggings”.
- Experimental animator Amanda Bonaiuto on building her own worlds
- Jaeha Kim channels different discplines of art through his graphic design practice
- The 14th issue of Nest speaks to the myriad experiences of gender
- Óscar Raña's scientific approach to illustration makes for beautiful geometric drawings
- Cabeza Patata brings energy and vivacity to its portfolio of 2D and 3D illustrations
- Whippets FC champions the unity and community of women’s football
- Q is the world’s first genderless voice hoping to eradicate gender bias in technology
- How and when do you shut down your studio? Carly Ayres on the decision to close HAWRAF
- Alexis Jamet's animations are warm, nostalgic and beautiful in their simplicity
- Tokyo 2020 reveals Olympic pictograms inspired by 1964 Games
- Graphic designer Jiri Mocek continues to produce inventive and expressive posters