In recent years, athleisure has transcended trend to become a lifestyle worn by everyone from Kim Kardashian to the all female squads who turn your favourite brunch spot into an obstacle course with a mountain of Lululemon yoga mats.
Nike’s new spot — ok, Saturday Night Live spoof — acknowledges that leggings aren’t only worn for sport.
“With Nike, women push it to the limit every day,” a female VO intones over a sequence of scenes showing women training in stark, sweaty industrial gyms. “Because what you do is who you are,” the voice over continues. “I’m a runner, I run”, says one woman. “I’m a fighter, I fight,” adds another. “And I just sit the hell down and chill in these soft pants,” SNL cast member Aidy Bryant spits.
The spot continues with Kate McKinnon and Aidy Bryant lounging, with some intensity, on their sofas, all the while epousing the benefits of Nike’s “Pro-Chiller Leggings”.
- Department of New Realities' AR-assisted Moncler book is a technological triumph
- Tish Murtha's Elswick Kids portrays "the joy and freedom of childhood"
- The ninth Asian Pacific Triennial’s features an undoubtedly impressive roster
- Lily Rose Thomas' film Girls Who Drink explores three complicated relationships with alcohol
- Broken Bonds explores how pictures can document a different approach to history
- Talk: a magazine reimagining debates surrounding commercial art
- Photographer Andrea Artemisio's wacky realisations breathe fresh air into magazine editorial
- Massive Attack just announced that they've remastered a classic album into...a spray can
- It looks like Banksy intended to shred the whole of Girl with Balloon
- Deep Throat Studio may have been borne out of failure but it thrives today
- Andrés Rosa approaches design by rejecting logic and embracing Dadaist thinking
- A new film uses the Barbican estate at sunset to appreciate the beauty of Brutalism