In recent years, athleisure has transcended trend to become a lifestyle worn by everyone from Kim Kardashian to the all female squads who turn your favourite brunch spot into an obstacle course with a mountain of Lululemon yoga mats.
Nike’s new spot — ok, Saturday Night Live spoof — acknowledges that leggings aren’t only worn for sport.
“With Nike, women push it to the limit every day,” a female VO intones over a sequence of scenes showing women training in stark, sweaty industrial gyms. “Because what you do is who you are,” the voice over continues. “I’m a runner, I run”, says one woman. “I’m a fighter, I fight,” adds another. “And I just sit the hell down and chill in these soft pants,” SNL cast member Aidy Bryant spits.
The spot continues with Kate McKinnon and Aidy Bryant lounging, with some intensity, on their sofas, all the while epousing the benefits of Nike’s “Pro-Chiller Leggings”.
- Photographer Svetlana Bulatova documents the environmental trauma of the Chechen wars
- From designer to full time artist, Caroline Walls on her gestural paintings
- Benjamin Muzzin on how digital art needs to be “shaken up badly”
- Choose Your Fighter: illustrator Kevin Sabo’s queering of hyper-masculine gaming culture
- Matthew Jones gives insight into Accept & Proceed's work for Nasa
- Illustrator Jordan Awan on fulfilling his childhood dream
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Apple's new typeface is available for use right now
- Channelling personality into branding: Commission Studio on Fenty’s new visual identity
- Does the perfect portfolio exist? Top creatives and studios offer their advice
- Droga5 unveils undulating identity for London’s newest outdoor destination, The Tide
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!