In recent years, athleisure has transcended trend to become a lifestyle worn by everyone from Kim Kardashian to the all female squads who turn your favourite brunch spot into an obstacle course with a mountain of Lululemon yoga mats.
Nike’s new spot — ok, Saturday Night Live spoof — acknowledges that leggings aren’t only worn for sport.
“With Nike, women push it to the limit every day,” a female VO intones over a sequence of scenes showing women training in stark, sweaty industrial gyms. “Because what you do is who you are,” the voice over continues. “I’m a runner, I run”, says one woman. “I’m a fighter, I fight,” adds another. “And I just sit the hell down and chill in these soft pants,” SNL cast member Aidy Bryant spits.
The spot continues with Kate McKinnon and Aidy Bryant lounging, with some intensity, on their sofas, all the while epousing the benefits of Nike’s “Pro-Chiller Leggings”.
- Lukasz Rusznica journeys into the spirit world with his publication Subterranean River
- Photographer Josh Adam Jones challenges western preconceptions of the Middle East in XO
- Studio Above&Below uses code and emerging tech to improve our planet's wellbeing
- Studio Frith designs Kitty Travers' La Grotta Ices into "a book you want to lick"
- Vicki King explains how she uses photography to elevate the mundane
- Ailsa Johnson’s illustrations draw on the everyday magic of Japanese culture
- Adobe has added 665 new Monotype fonts to Creative Cloud
- Introducing The Graduates class of 2018!
- Swiss design practice Dinamo develops new visual identity for Tumblr
- America's getting a space force and wants Trump supporters to choose its logo
- Meet Adelia Lim, a graphic designer not afraid to poke a little fun at the industry
- "What is my opinion?": Graphic designer James Aspey's research-focused, typographic practice