Adidas Originals has unveiled the third chapter of its Original campaign created by New York-based agency Johannes Leonard and directed by Terence Neale. The short film sees a cast including Kendall Jenner, NBA Star James Harden, and rappers Playboy Carti, 21 Savage and Young Thug acting out scenes to a remix of Frank Sinatra’s My Way.
The film revisits many of the themes in the original film for the campaign Originals is Never Finished and provides a new twist on existing scenes. “In a series of new scenes, the historic and iconic pose, DaVinci’s Vitruvian Man, a symbol of power, proportions and a perception of an ‘ideal,’ is translated to uniquely identify with each individual in the film in a way which personifies their personality and influences imposed by beliefs within culture and society,” says Adidas. “The timeless symbol of beauty, Botticelli’s iconic Birth of Venus this time inspires Kendall Jenner…who assumes this picturesque pose while enclosed in a sci-fi pod, redefining the notion of birth and re-birth and raising provocative questions to a new generation.”
“When we released Originals Is Never Finished for the first time we challenged ourselves to redefine what it means to be original,” says Alegra O’Hare VP of global communications at Adidas Originals & Core. “With the release of chapter three we are putting our words into practice and reinventing our own work. For us to inspire our creative community, we as a brand must to live up to the challenge”
- Books From the Future talk us through its workshop on disaster in contemporary culture
- Molly Bounds paints intimate moments of quiet contemplation
- Friday Mixtape: Grand Union Orchestra's founder curates us a mix on the theme of migration
- Flat-e tells us how it made a visual interpretation of Daniel Avery's record in its entirety
- Girma Berta authentically captures the people of Addis Ababa with an iPhone
- Remember the pre-stage nerves and backstage stress in Alexander Coggin's photos of children's theatre
- Introducing The Graduates class of 2018!
- America's getting a space force and wants Trump supporters to choose its logo
- Swiss design practice Dinamo develops new visual identity for Tumblr
- Meet Adelia Lim, a graphic designer not afraid to poke a little fun at the industry
- Adobe has added 665 new Monotype fonts to Creative Cloud
- "What is my opinion?": Graphic designer James Aspey's research-focused, typographic practice