For this year’s Dog Eat Dog calendar, The Gourmand gathers a pack of pups who are each “culinarily named”. There’s Ham the Miniature Pomeranian, Seabass the Bedlington Whippet, Marzipan the Bernese Mountain Dog and Stilton the Pug, among eight other equally incredible names; with each dog sitting for their portrait – photographed by Jess Bonham – in a set inspired by their namesake food. Whether it’s through colour, texture or form, each set – designed by George Lewin Studio – offers a unique play on the potentials of scale and abstraction, with the dogs (seeming to) happily play along in their strange, surreal surroundings.
All proceeds for Dog Eat Dog will go to animal welfare charity, Mayhew, and the calendar is available via The Gourmand’s website.
- Creative agency bus.group on its beautiful and playful editorial designs
- A Black Cover Design on how corporate graphic design can change employee moods
- Kelly Anna and Josie Tucker create an empowering zine to celebrate female strength
- Diyala Muir's animation Blue Hands mimics the surreal experience of grief
- Bex Day’s new series looks to raise awareness for the older transgender community
- Protests, cute culture and the UK’s fruit market: Suzy Chan on her innovative design practice
- Photographer Ryan Duffin embraces the quirks of his subjects and the outtakes of life
- KFC's latest ad reminds you it's not AFC, BFC, or even CFC
- Alexis Jamet's animations are warm, nostalgic and beautiful in their simplicity
- République's new look for Playboy is "aimed at anybody and everybody"
- Lars Högström's typographic choices are inspired by the hip-hop cassettes of the 90s and 00s