For this year’s Dog Eat Dog calendar, The Gourmand gathers a pack of pups who are each “culinarily named”. There’s Ham the Miniature Pomeranian, Seabass the Bedlington Whippet, Marzipan the Bernese Mountain Dog and Stilton the Pug, among eight other equally incredible names; with each dog sitting for their portrait – photographed by Jess Bonham – in a set inspired by their namesake food. Whether it’s through colour, texture or form, each set – designed by George Lewin Studio – offers a unique play on the potentials of scale and abstraction, with the dogs (seeming to) happily play along in their strange, surreal surroundings.
All proceeds for Dog Eat Dog will go to animal welfare charity, Mayhew, and the calendar is available via The Gourmand’s website.
- Michael Cox's latest paintings turn the artist's attention to the comfort of suburbia
- Though gothic typeface FH Fraktur may not be legible, it certainly is fun
- Da大 by Beijing-based ori.studio reimagines the format of the interview
- Erik Kessels on why he's collected 2000 records featuring large groups of people
- Ka-Man Tse photographs the marginalised lives of Hong Kong's queer community
- Tres Tipos Gráficos balances references with ingenuity in its design for printed matter
- Pentagram’s Michael Bierut talks us through his Slack brand reboot
- "Logos date like clothes": Six designers debate what makes an ideal brand identity
- B.A.M's new identity for White Cube is an “evolution rather than a revolution”
- An egg beats Kylie Jenner to become the most liked Instagram photo... ever
- Village Green talks us through its identity for the 2019 D&AD Festival
- Viviana Troya presents egg-based optical illusions in new work Hatchery