In a Miami Vice-style parody, The Simpsons has created this couch gag promo for an episode aired in the US last week called Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles. Guest animated by Steve Cutts, the trailer sees our favourite characters adopt 1980s personas complete with rolled-up sleeves, blacked-out sunglasses and swish sports cars, all with added VHS interference for extra authenticity.
The couch gag initially started out as a ten second joke for The Simpsons but over the years it has developed into one of the elaborate highlights of the show. In the past the show has paid homage to _Game of Thrones, The Hobbit and Breaking Bad.
- Territory Studio on making organic, lo-fi graphics for Blade Runner 2049
- Evan Cohen’s illustrated characters work together to travel through the panels of his comic
- Tadas Karpavicius's risky opera catalogue creates "fluidity and an organic feeling"
- Wang & Söderström create digital art you want to reach out and touch in new exhibition
- Joe Mrava and Austin Ledzian tell the story of the modern-day female farmer
- Photographer Lukas Korschan got on the wrong boat, but made a great series out of it
- Pee on this Ikea print ad, and if you’re pregnant, you get a crib half price
- The rebrand for Russia’s tourist board uses Suprematist geometry laid out as a map
- The Guardian unveils redesign across print and online
- Coca-Cola reveals custom typeface, TCCC Unity, inspired by its modernist heritage
- A first look at Uber and NASA's new flying vehicle
- Uniqlo and Marimekko collaborate on bold and expressive new collection