In a Miami Vice-style parody, The Simpsons has created this couch gag promo for an episode aired in the US last week called Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles. Guest animated by Steve Cutts, the trailer sees our favourite characters adopt 1980s personas complete with rolled-up sleeves, blacked-out sunglasses and swish sports cars, all with added VHS interference for extra authenticity.
The couch gag initially started out as a ten second joke for The Simpsons but over the years it has developed into one of the elaborate highlights of the show. In the past the show has paid homage to _Game of Thrones, The Hobbit and Breaking Bad.
- Photographer Timothy Schaumburg takes us behind the scenes of plastic surgery prep
- The Line King: A profile of Al Hirschfeld, on the prolific characterist’s 115th birthday
- Ditto publish 100 Club Stories in celebration of the iconic London venue
- Adobe Stock identifies 'multilocalism' as the next trend to shape visual culture
- “I want my work to function like a good book": illustrator Charlotte Ager
- "Even if you cover a shit in glitter it’s still a shit": top creatives show us their CVs
- "Don't drink and dance in front of your peers": ten creatives on their biggest mistakes
- Tsto returns to design Flow Festival's identity, pushing and playing with its typography
- Beyoncé and Jay Z take over the Louvre for Apeshit music video
- All internships are not created equal: how to spot the best opportunities and have the courage to reject the duds
- How Alex Prager made the world stop and stare
- Neville Brody launches type foundry, Brody Fonts