Predicting the international sigh of relief, joy and eye-watering nostalgia that a new Toy Story film inevitably brings, Disney Pixar got ahead of the game in the soppy, and lightly absurd teaser trailer for Toy Story 4.
Captured from the centre of a Ring-a-Ring-O’Roses, the whole gang circle past staring lovingly into each other’s eyes – Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Slinky Dog, Mr. and Mrs. Potato head, Rex, Hamm, a Little Green Man – as we in turn stare lovingly back at them.
That is until the spell is broken by none other than a new character, Forky, who according to a synopsis of the story, will be central to the new film: “Woody has always been confident about his place in the world and that his priority is taking care of his kid, whether that’s Andy or Bonnie. But when Bonnie adds a reluctant new toy called ‘Forky’ to her room, a road trip adventure alongside old and new friends will show Woody how big the world can be for a toy.”
We’ve somehow lived for close to a decade without a new Toy Story film, and frankly Toy Story 4’s summer 2019 release can’t come soon enough.
- Greg Lin Jiajie captures stories from his “favourite place”, his hometown of Fujian
- Grotesque and playful, Tres Tipos Gráficos’ latest project is filled with personality
- Luca Mastroianni on his journey from Instagram selfies to the new Gentle Monster campaign
- Graphic designer Jacob Pardoe on collaborating with a neural network and the surprises it produces
- Call for Collaboration: Mahaneela is looking for a mixed media creative to visualise modern love
- Annu Kilpeläinen’s zine Rally 2U promises cars, sun and speed
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Job interviews: Pentagram, Wieden+Kennedy and Bureau Borsche on how to get them and what to say
- Apple's new typeface is available for use right now
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!