Abc Dinamo, Spassky Fischer, and Yukiko are among the creative studios working in collaboration with Ucon to design a range of backpacks.
The project is titled, Motif and features 38 designs, each produced by a different creative studio. Jonathan Castro, Plus Mûrs Studio, Studio Fiexen, Grilli Type, Hort, Moby Digg and Leif Podhajsky are amongst those in collaboration. Each will design exclusive, limited edition work for their backpacks to raise money towards aiding homeless communities in Berlin.
Designs include camouflage-inspired sprawls of pink, and green; black and white geometric lines; heat map impressions; and monochromatic marbled splatters and a video of the project will be released later today.
Proceeds will be donated to Streem, an art and design magazine that works towards aiding homelessness in Berlin.
- This year’s Birmingham Design Festival explored truth in the design industry
- Designer John Christian Rose on how he turns mess, chaos and clutter into art
- “My creative process is hella eclectic”: illustrator Jack Fletcher
- Jee-ook Choi turns Uniqlo’s AIRism range into a series of ethereal illustrations
- “Nothing should stand still”: Elaine Song on her dynamic, abstract illustrations
- Meet Ian Weldon, the “photographer that photographs weddings”
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!