Designer Pum Lefebure of Washington DC-based agency Design Army has partnered with artisan chocolate maker Harper Mcaw. The (Very) Political Collection is a series of six chocolate bars in sleeves that use a red, white and blue colour palette.
The designs feature a capitalist white elephant wearing a raspberry studded smoking jacket, a depitiction of liberally minded hazelnuts mid protest, a sci-fi vision of the right wing Tea Party, and abstracted images of the democratic donkey and the republican elephant.
“This Election Year collection is designed to give a refreshingly positive spin to the world of Washington politics, stir local pride, and shine a spotlight on the Capital’s (seldom seen but thriving) creative, collaborative side,” says Pum.
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled