Vice has dedicated its 15th annual photo issue to the work of female photographers from around the world. The oversized 184-page issue presents new images by 38 emerging and accomplished talents.
“Women have been fundamental to the art of photography since, well, there were photographs,” says Vice magazine Photo Editor Elizabeth Renstrom. ”They’ve been schlepping equipment, huffing darkroom fumes, and sharp-elbowing for scarce gallery space since before they could vote, become astronauts, or run marathons without people thinking their uteruses would fall out."
Two separate covers are running for the special edition, shot by two of Magnum Photos’ brightest talents Magdalena Switek and Carolyn Drake.
Vice has also announced a collaboration with Instagram, co-producing a series of videos that take readers behind the scenes of this special edition, along with a series of studio visits with some of the featured photographers. The series will run throughout August at www.instagram.com/vice.
- All we want for Christmas is... Best of the Web!
- A trip to The Greenbrier – a preserved 112,544 sq foot government nuclear bunker
- Dougal Wilson goes behind the scenes of the mischievous Channel 4 idents
- An international cast of creatives chooses the biggest moments of 2017
- Bake Off, legalising weed and Fanta's redesign: highlights from March 2017
- Vogue's new editor and a typeface for pride: a look back at April 2017
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Plain packaging and health warnings on food and drink could cost companies hundreds of billions
- Anxy Magazine: The Workaholism Issue explores the impact of working hard versus working compulsively
- Graphic designer John Morgan launches type foundry and art platform, Abyme