Louis Vuitton’s renowned artistic director Virgil Abloh has provided a sneak peak of what is to come in the run-up to the highly anticipated fashion month.
The American fashion designer has taken to social media to document a glimpse into the artworks that will accompany the fashion powerhouse’s SS19 collection influenced by the fantastical Wizard of Oz. Revealed in his latest Instagram posts, those of us who aren’t lucky enough to reside in New York, are treated to the visual feast that is the 12-story artwork created by Louis Vuitton’s ideation studio.
In addition to the colossal psychedelic sculptures that stand at Harajuko Station and New York’s LV headquarters, Virgil himself will spray paint a red X to mark “exactly where to stand for all the angles to work.”
- Photographer Svetlana Bulatova documents the environmental trauma of the Chechen wars
- From designer to full time artist, Caroline Walls on her gestural paintings
- Benjamin Muzzin on how digital art needs to be “shaken up badly”
- Choose Your Fighter: illustrator Kevin Sabo’s queering of hyper-masculine gaming culture
- Matthew Jones gives insight into Accept & Proceed's work for Nasa
- Illustrator Jordan Awan on fulfilling his childhood dream
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Apple's new typeface is available for use right now
- Channelling personality into branding: Commission Studio on Fenty’s new visual identity
- Does the perfect portfolio exist? Top creatives and studios offer their advice
- Droga5 unveils undulating identity for London’s newest outdoor destination, The Tide
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!