While we’re only 37 days into the year, we’re pretty certain that there won’t be a more It’s Nice That-friendly Guinness World Record broken in 2019: Wieden+Kennedy’s Sao Paulo branch has launched the longest advert ever broadcast.
Created for Old Spice — that wallet-friendly aftershave which experts claim consists of scents of orange, lemon, spices, clary sage, anise, aldehydes, cinnamon, carnation, geranium, jasmine, heliotrope, pimento berry, vanilla, musk, cedarwood, frankincense, benzoin, tonka, and ambergris — the _14 hour-long spot features brand ambassador Terry Crews.
The first “endless commercial in history” features an ad inside an ad inside an ad, with some billing it as the ad-land answer to Christopher Nolan’s 2010 head-turner Inception, a film that we’ve definitely watched about five times but can’t remember any of.
It’s absurd length — and honestly – anyone who watches the whole thing deserves a medal, or at least a crisp five-pound note — is explained by the fact that “this commercial lasts as long as the new Old Spice amazing fragrance,” says Old Spice.
It was broadcasted in full earlier this week on Brazilian channel Woohoo, and brave viewers with absolutely nothing better to do this weekend can watch it in its entirety online right now.
- Why should you apply to The Graduates 2019? Three grads tell us how it helped their career
- “I absolutely hated it”: Heath West on why he left architecture for the art industry
- Hubert Crabières captures a brilliantly absurd celebrating family for Edicola
- Illustrator Holly St Clair uses the rhythm of a joke in her portfolio of sculptures, textiles and prints
- Jules Durand aims to “design cool new fonts” beyond the Latin alphabet
- For Alice Franchetti, graphic design is the sweet spot where maths and intuition meet
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!