Wieden + Kennedy Portland has created this spot for Samsung’s new Galaxy S7 which stars Wesley Snipes, Lil Wayne and William H. Macy among many other cameos. Titled, Why? the ad sees people questioning why their phones can’t be more powerful, have a longer-lasting battery, bigger memory, or be waterproof, all the new features in the new Galaxy S7.
A mix of celebs and self-mockery the ad strikes the balance well with highlights including Lil Wayne dousing his phone in champagne while it breaks and asking “How am I supposed to show how rich and carefree I am?”
The spot was first broadcast during ABC’s Academy Awards coverage on Sunday and is part of a series of ads that show off the features of the phone more specifically.
- Manshen Lo creates surreal, comic-inspired observational illustrations
- “To me, being a man just means being yourself”: five creatives share their thoughts on masculinity
- Hexatope: the web-app utilising computational arts to make personalised jewellery
- Lucy Hardcastle on her “most progressive film to date”
- Moby Digg creates grid-based identity for finance company Baugeld Spezialisten
- Typography and National Socialism – the journey of Futura in an era of "reactionary modernity"
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum