Medium is a creative studio producing projects related to public space, architecture and visual culture. Medium invited 10 typographers and graphic designers from different backgrounds, countries and ages to design a house number.
‘House numbers are everywhere but are seldom seen as considered or designed objects. We asked each designer to produce a single numeral between 1 and 9 – we got the short straw with 0. As the house numbers then go into double figures, the designers are paired together in different combinations.’
Designers included James Goggin (1), Paul Elliman (2), Julian Morey (3), Sara De Bondt (4), Margaret Calvert (5), Anthony Burrill (6), Anisa Suthayalai (7), Norm (8), Alan Kitching (9) and Medium (0).
- Nicolas Garner explores the clash of digital and organic in his hyperreal imagery
- Dennis Church’s 12-year project sees him capture the visual noise of America’s streets
- Hudson Christie’s illustration trickery uses depth to create textured, flat pieces
- A rare interview with enigmatic and cherished photographer, Nguan
- Karen Asher photographs the people and happenings of Winnipeg, Canada
- Nieves founder Benjamin Sommerhalder shares his passion for books and zines
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner