Beautiful illustration from Emily Alston. Recently exhibited at the Nolias Gallery, London. Great plates, great show.
Since Graduating from Liverpool School of Art and Design Emily has worked with various design studios, as well as taking on freelance projects for the likes of Orange, The Guardian, The Telegraph, Amelias magazine, Dazed and Confused, Plan B, John Brown Citrus Publishing, The BBC, Crush, Love, Fallon & Paul Smith. Briefs are always approached with creative thought, originality, humour and beauty in mind. Nice.
- Paul Sahre chats to us about his new book Two Dimensional Man: A Graphic Memoir
- How can we connect young, diverse talent with the agencies who crave it?
- Ricky Leung’s illustrations capture the quiet moments of everyday life
- Photographer Chris Maggio palpably documents America’s current “emotional climate"
- Seoul-based Shrimp Chung’s dynamic designs are bright and full of impact
- Choreographer and director Holly Blakey on making work for everyone
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- North reveals full Science Museum rebrand, and reacts to online criticism
- GraphicDesign& outline three projects that successfully support and impact mental wellbeing
- Dove apologises and removes advert showing a black woman becoming a white woman
- Apple announces launch of gender neutral emojis
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity