Fascinated by the global dominance of American culture, Ben Turnbull’s dark and unsettling work features these incredible carvings of guns into old fashioned wooden desk tops.
Found via Paul Smith’s blog, Ben is currently showing at London gallery, Eleven. Pictured is Lesson 3.
I Dont Like Mondays, exhibition runs 21 October to 7 November 2009 at Eleven, 11 Eccleston Street, London, SW1W 9LX
- "We’re likely to plummet into a new dark age": Illustrator Edward Carvalho-Monaghan on learning from the past
- Phile magazine on sexual subcultures, power struggles and the launch of their second issue (NSFW)
- Why Design Thinking is bullshit
- Friday Mixtape: a mammoth mix from school project turned great band, Lowly
- Even magazine challenges the “elitist, opaque and unapproachable” discussion around art
- Meet Love Man: an illustrated big-hearted alien-human looking for his other half
- Photo of a single atom wins science photography prize
- Google tackles image copyright infringement with latest design tweak
- University of Portsmouth receives backlash over costs of its rebrand
- Ikea partners with Hasselblad to offer more “inspiring” prints for its frames
- Animator John McLaughlin’s fuzzy world of big-eyed, triangular fuzzy dudes
- Creative director Patrick Li on T: The New York Times Style Magazine's conversational new redesign