A little over a month ago we received one of the weightiest books we’ve ever seen. The hefty tome is just reward for the 18 months work that went into creating it to celebrate Nike Skateboarding. Teaming up with Fluff Magazine the beast of a book clocks in at just over 600 pages and features almost every Nike SB rider in Europe.
Dutch magazine Fluff were given complete creative control and decided to send photographer Marcel Veldman to no less than 19 European countries to document the riders both on and off their boards. The result is a stunning consistency that allows page after page flow effortlessly into each other. If you can search out a copy, and if your bookcase is big enough then we certainly recommend checking it out.
- Meet the speakers: Dougal Wilson, Ewen Spencer, GraphicDesign& and Gal-dem
- Claire Hentschker: the artist who recreated The Shining as an interactive 3D space
- Rosanna Webster and Phoebe Henry’s cinematic portrait of Cuba
- Alex Hunting’s crisp editorial designs are considered and multi-layered
- Raine Allen Miller’s latest ad shows kids experiencing the “side effects” of tech toys
- Colin Pantall's warm depiction of childhood and fatherhood taken over 12 years
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner