This Thursday evening we’re going to be at The Barbican running a light-hearted workshop to celebrate the fantastic Ron Arad show that’s currently showing. To highlight the fantastic names given to Ron’s pieces, we’re giving all visitors to the show on the evening the chance to re-name his classic designs, and pick up a free poster designed by illustrator Luke Best.
All we’re asking you to do is come along, come up with an imaginative new name for one of his chairs and the A2 litho poster is yours to take away for free. Click through to see more images of the poster and the pieces we’re asking you to re-name.
We’d love to hear what you’d re-name the pieces above (Tom Vac, Ge Off Sphere, Rover Chair and Weel Tempered Chair) if you had the chance (our attempts aren’t too impressive!), and your responses will make the opening display at The Barbican on Thursday evening. Just e-mail through your names to firstname.lastname@example.org – our four favourites submitted before Thursday at 6pm will win a poster posted to their door.
It’s Nice That Workshop for Ron Arad:Restless
Thursday 19 April, 6.30pm — 8pm
The Barbican Gallery
London EC2Y 8DS
- “To me, being a man just means being yourself”: five creatives share their thoughts on masculinity
- Hexatope: the web-app utilising computational arts to make personalised jewellery
- Lucy Hardcastle on her “most progressive film to date”
- Moby Digg creates grid-based identity for finance company Baugeld Spezialisten
- Typography and National Socialism – the journey of Futura in an era of "reactionary modernity"
- Bleed combines nature and generative art to develop identity for Blank Architects
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum