Nic Bennett has drawn/painted faces onto pieces of fruit, which seems to be one of those hilarious, relatively simple ideas you probably could have come up with but didn’t. The first time I saw these, I’m pretty sure I said, “what’s that kiwi fruit so happy about?” Before asking, “why shouldn’t the kiwi be happy?” Before realising I was talking to myself, frowning a little, and rifling through the rest of Nic’s portfolio.
Note: other fruits can be seen in the “Foods” section of his website.
- Illustrator Cécile Dormeau on body diversity and defying convention
- Alexander Anufriev captures culture cliches in Russia Close-Up
- Steph Wilson shoots Marques Almeida alongside a goat, a greyhound, a ferret, a turkey and more
- "It's a bit daft and it kind of lies a bit": Pavilion Studio's satirical zine, Ideal Science
- Practical portfolio advice, from choosing a specialism to solving real problems
- Performance art's "master" Tehching Hsieh on the importance of isolation
- The rebrand for Russia’s tourist board uses Suprematist geometry laid out as a map
- The Guardian unveils redesign across print and online
- A first look at Uber and NASA's new flying vehicle
- Pee on this Ikea print ad, and if you’re pregnant, you get a crib half price
- Uniqlo and Marimekko collaborate on bold and expressive new collection
- Coca-Cola reveals custom typeface, TCCC Unity, inspired by its modernist heritage