Two recent projects from Nelly Ben Hayoun, a recent graduate from the Royal College of Art. Nelly’s first attempt at Super K Sonic BOOOOUM became almost ubiquitous with its popularity and we have been lucky enough to get a glimpse into the enhanced golden installation recently showcased at Manchester Science festival.
Nelly brings together monumental teams of scientists, artists and performers to prompt the telling of stories and unravelling of research. Super K Sonic BOOOOUM is an instillation demonstrating the visual equivalent of a sonic boom and allows the public to experience the (Super K) neutrino observatory in Japan through a combination of water, light sound and science.
The Other Volcano raises question about the domestication of nature for entertainment purposes and allows you to be a modern hero of mythology and bring the spectacle of a natural disaster into your home.
- Cleon Peterson's works continue to investigate the evil side of humanity
- Winsor & Newton lifts the lid on the secret tricks of every artist's trade
- Calypso Mahieu’s photography makes the simplest things sexy (some NSFW)
- Foster Huntington’s stop-motion short of an 80s Californian skate off
- Dax Norman’s weird and wobbly animations with “cigarettes and eyeballs a plenty”
- Photographer Evija Laivina explores the ridiculous reality of the beauty industry
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled