Two recent projects from Nelly Ben Hayoun, a recent graduate from the Royal College of Art. Nelly’s first attempt at Super K Sonic BOOOOUM became almost ubiquitous with its popularity and we have been lucky enough to get a glimpse into the enhanced golden installation recently showcased at Manchester Science festival.
Nelly brings together monumental teams of scientists, artists and performers to prompt the telling of stories and unravelling of research. Super K Sonic BOOOOUM is an instillation demonstrating the visual equivalent of a sonic boom and allows the public to experience the (Super K) neutrino observatory in Japan through a combination of water, light sound and science.
The Other Volcano raises question about the domestication of nature for entertainment purposes and allows you to be a modern hero of mythology and bring the spectacle of a natural disaster into your home.
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum