Two recent projects from Nelly Ben Hayoun, a recent graduate from the Royal College of Art. Nelly’s first attempt at Super K Sonic BOOOOUM became almost ubiquitous with its popularity and we have been lucky enough to get a glimpse into the enhanced golden installation recently showcased at Manchester Science festival.
Nelly brings together monumental teams of scientists, artists and performers to prompt the telling of stories and unravelling of research. Super K Sonic BOOOOUM is an instillation demonstrating the visual equivalent of a sonic boom and allows the public to experience the (Super K) neutrino observatory in Japan through a combination of water, light sound and science.
The Other Volcano raises question about the domestication of nature for entertainment purposes and allows you to be a modern hero of mythology and bring the spectacle of a natural disaster into your home.
- All we want for Christmas is... Best of the Web!
- A trip to The Greenbrier – a preserved 112,544 sq foot government nuclear bunker
- Dougal Wilson goes behind the scenes of the mischievous Channel 4 idents
- An international cast of creatives chooses the biggest moments of 2017
- Bake Off, legalising weed and Fanta's redesign: highlights from March 2017
- Vogue's new editor and a typeface for pride: a look back at April 2017
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Plain packaging and health warnings on food and drink could cost companies hundreds of billions
- Anxy Magazine: The Workaholism Issue explores the impact of working hard versus working compulsively
- Graphic designer John Morgan launches type foundry and art platform, Abyme