Two recent projects from Nelly Ben Hayoun, a recent graduate from the Royal College of Art. Nelly’s first attempt at Super K Sonic BOOOOUM became almost ubiquitous with its popularity and we have been lucky enough to get a glimpse into the enhanced golden installation recently showcased at Manchester Science festival.
Nelly brings together monumental teams of scientists, artists and performers to prompt the telling of stories and unravelling of research. Super K Sonic BOOOOUM is an instillation demonstrating the visual equivalent of a sonic boom and allows the public to experience the (Super K) neutrino observatory in Japan through a combination of water, light sound and science.
The Other Volcano raises question about the domestication of nature for entertainment purposes and allows you to be a modern hero of mythology and bring the spectacle of a natural disaster into your home.
- Alexander Anufriev captures culture cliches in Russia Close-Up
- Steph Wilson shoots Marques Almeida alongside a goat, a greyhound, a ferret, a turkey and more
- "It's a bit daft and it kind of lies a bit": Pavilion Studio's satirical zine, Ideal Science
- Practical portfolio advice, from choosing a specialism to solving real problems
- Performance art's "master" Tehching Hsieh on the importance of isolation
- Territory Studio on making organic, lo-fi graphics for Blade Runner 2049
- The rebrand for Russia’s tourist board uses Suprematist geometry laid out as a map
- The Guardian unveils redesign across print and online
- A first look at Uber and NASA's new flying vehicle
- Pee on this Ikea print ad, and if you’re pregnant, you get a crib half price
- Uniqlo and Marimekko collaborate on bold and expressive new collection
- Coca-Cola reveals custom typeface, TCCC Unity, inspired by its modernist heritage