Design Event is an annual festival in the North East providing the public with an opportunity to see cutting edge work by regional, national and international design talent.
One of this year’s lead exhibitions at the event which will be opening at the start of next month is ‘Hidden in Plain View’. A show of postcards with hidden messages by some great North Eastern designers – well worth a look.
- Google Design's best of 2018
- Pentagram's Emily Oberman talks us through her identities for the Harry Potter universe
- Pugment is an art-fashion label reflecting the realities of modern-day Tokyo
- Kieran Yates reflects on a world, and a year, in flux
- Paperpress locates the point where “graphic design and description overlap”
- Andrés Mañon documents Mexico City's queer creative scene through ornate portraiture
- Alex Gamsu Jenkins’ comics remind us of how gross we really are
- Pop culture powerhouse Bryan Rivera's 2018 in graphic design
- Don't worry, be angry: how politics and creativity collided in 2018
- Vice magazine's creative team talks us through its new and unexpectedly different redesign
- DIA channels NYC and gives Squarespace its signature kinetic treatment in brand refresh
- London Art Fair gets an abstract and textural rebrand for 2019