Damien Poulain is a London-based french graphic designer and art director who specializes in print-based projects including books, small-run publications and image making. Ongoing projects include collaboration with Pieter Hugo, handcrafted set design for magazines such as Dazed and Confused, Arena Homme+ (among others), as well as website design. He also creates original posters for art galleries, books and websites, and edgy personal artworks widely documented in the likes of Creative Review and Grafik.
‘Pay Back Later’ is a one colour silkscreen poster part of my first solo show titled ‘ Le Nouveau Riche’ that I have at KK Outlet, London, where I’ve explored the theme of money (4 — 14 September). Damien will also be producing artwork as part of Nike Sportswear Presents at the Batemans Row pop up store later this month.
- How can we connect young, diverse talent with the agencies who crave it?
- Ricky Leung’s illustrations capture the quiet moments of everyday life
- Photographer Chris Maggio palpably documents America’s current “emotional climate"
- Seoul-based Shrimp Chung’s dynamic designs are bright and full of impact
- Choreographer and director Holly Blakey on making work for everyone
- Elise By Olsen on stepping down as the world’s youngest editor-in-chief
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- North reveals full Science Museum rebrand, and reacts to online criticism
- GraphicDesign& outline three projects that successfully support and impact mental wellbeing
- Dove apologises and removes advert showing a black woman becoming a white woman
- Apple announces launch of gender neutral emojis
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity