I am just going to put this out there – Richie Culver is a good looking man. His bearded face gazed out at commuters across the capital after a painting of him by his friend Alan Coulson was chosen as the main press image for the BP Portrait Award last year and you can see why. The man has also been featured in Vogue Mr Porter_ and i-D and modelled for Adrien Sauvage. But Richie is also an accomplished artist in his own right, working across painting, collage and photography and his new show The Four Letter Word has recently opened at the Skur 2 Gallery in Norway. We tracked him down to help kick off our week…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
Er … Still be out on a Monday from the weekend. That deffo works.
What song will you be listening to most this week?
I’ll Be Watching You by The Lost Scripts.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
That Gedo Is back at Hull City on a season loan.
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week…
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
Celia Solf – a midweek dance at Berghain in Berlin (if it opened midweek)
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?Recovered from last Friday.
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum