Just when you thought Paul Smith couldn’t get any cooler, here’s the new advert promoting his A/W 13 underwear collection. Just having hunky but kindly men flaunting their crotch at a camera clearly wasn’t enough for director Sébastien Montaz-Rosset, and so off they went to the mountains with two (still hunky) flat liners, Antoine Moineville and Tancrède Melet.
Like any death-defying heights shots and footage of tightrope walkers, this ad made me watch it through my fingers, peeping out only to witness the truly touching (if not, perhaps unintentionally, slightly homo-erotic) relationship between these two incredible men. This ad sells underwear so well that even I’m now saving up for a pair of those boxers if it means I can be anywhere as cool as those guys.
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled