This week’s Friday Mixtape is curated by the brilliant All We Are. As the band tour their second album, Human, on the festival circuit this summer, they’ve made us a mix of high energy, emphatic songs to excite you for the weekend or encourage you out of a festival hangover slump.
You can catch All We Are at Latitude this Sunday (16 July 2017) or End of the Road in September.
Why have you picked these songs, what do they remind you of or make you feel?
This is our festival driving playlist, we’ve been doing a lot of that recently so it’s pretty present in our mind right now. It’s pretty eclectic but they’ve all got a certain vibe. These songs are eclectic but they all have that incessant groove that keeps you going. Music is about giving you an energy and these are part of a playlist that keeps us driving.
When or where should this mixtape be listened to?
Anytime, anyplace but as mentioned above, it’s great blasted in a car.
What song or album did you listen to as teenager?
Prince Dirty Mind was one of my brothers favourites and therefore one of mine. It’s still a personal fave.
Is there a particular song or album you’ve been listening to on tour?
We’re really into the D.D. Dumbo record. It’s weird and wonderful and totally rhythmical. The lyrics really paint a picture. It’s like looking at the world through his eyes.
If a feature film of your life was to be made, what song would be on the trailer?
It’s got to be the theme for Jurassic Park.
- Books From the Future talk us through its workshop on disaster in contemporary culture
- Molly Bounds paints intimate moments of quiet contemplation
- Friday Mixtape: Grand Union Orchestra's founder curates us a mix on the theme of migration
- Flat-e tells us how it made a visual interpretation of Daniel Avery's record in its entirety
- Girma Berta authentically captures the people of Addis Ababa with an iPhone
- Remember the pre-stage nerves and backstage stress in Alexander Coggin's photos of children's theatre
- Introducing The Graduates class of 2018!
- America's getting a space force and wants Trump supporters to choose its logo
- Swiss design practice Dinamo develops new visual identity for Tumblr
- Meet Adelia Lim, a graphic designer not afraid to poke a little fun at the industry
- Adobe has added 665 new Monotype fonts to Creative Cloud
- "What is my opinion?": Graphic designer James Aspey's research-focused, typographic practice