This week’s Friday Mixtape is curated by the brilliant All We Are. As the band tour their second album, Human, on the festival circuit this summer, they’ve made us a mix of high energy, emphatic songs to excite you for the weekend or encourage you out of a festival hangover slump.
You can catch All We Are at Latitude this Sunday (16 July 2017) or End of the Road in September.
Why have you picked these songs, what do they remind you of or make you feel?
This is our festival driving playlist, we’ve been doing a lot of that recently so it’s pretty present in our mind right now. It’s pretty eclectic but they’ve all got a certain vibe. These songs are eclectic but they all have that incessant groove that keeps you going. Music is about giving you an energy and these are part of a playlist that keeps us driving.
When or where should this mixtape be listened to?
Anytime, anyplace but as mentioned above, it’s great blasted in a car.
What song or album did you listen to as teenager?
Prince Dirty Mind was one of my brothers favourites and therefore one of mine. It’s still a personal fave.
Is there a particular song or album you’ve been listening to on tour?
We’re really into the D.D. Dumbo record. It’s weird and wonderful and totally rhythmical. The lyrics really paint a picture. It’s like looking at the world through his eyes.
If a feature film of your life was to be made, what song would be on the trailer?
It’s got to be the theme for Jurassic Park.
- Artist Yuko Mohri creates improvised ecosystems through found objects
- The Red Road Project is a celebration of Native American cultures
- Myth-busting: Split's Oli Bentley on interrogating northern identity through typography
- Peer inside the creative minds behind KOMONO's Signature Collection
- Studio Makgill present ten objects that capture the beauty of simplicity
- Margot Bowman talks us through the creation of her short, Common Misconceptions
- An interview with Pentagram's latest partner, Astrid Stavro
- Student-friendly new typeface Sans Forgetica claims to boost memory
- Record Label Logo Archive Vol.1 is a music nerd's dream come true
- Rudeboy: The Story of Trojan Records documents the origins of Jamaican and British youth culture
- Vrints-Kolsteren is a graphic design studio that doesn’t adhere to the typical studio-customer relationship
- Swiss Passports will be issued live for 24 hours from 6pm tonight