This week’s Friday Mixtape is curated by the brilliant All We Are. As the band tour their second album, Human, on the festival circuit this summer, they’ve made us a mix of high energy, emphatic songs to excite you for the weekend or encourage you out of a festival hangover slump.
You can catch All We Are at Latitude this Sunday (16 July 2017) or End of the Road in September.
Why have you picked these songs, what do they remind you of or make you feel?
This is our festival driving playlist, we’ve been doing a lot of that recently so it’s pretty present in our mind right now. It’s pretty eclectic but they’ve all got a certain vibe. These songs are eclectic but they all have that incessant groove that keeps you going. Music is about giving you an energy and these are part of a playlist that keeps us driving.
When or where should this mixtape be listened to?
Anytime, anyplace but as mentioned above, it’s great blasted in a car.
What song or album did you listen to as teenager?
Prince Dirty Mind was one of my brothers favourites and therefore one of mine. It’s still a personal fave.
Is there a particular song or album you’ve been listening to on tour?
We’re really into the D.D. Dumbo record. It’s weird and wonderful and totally rhythmical. The lyrics really paint a picture. It’s like looking at the world through his eyes.
If a feature film of your life was to be made, what song would be on the trailer?
It’s got to be the theme for Jurassic Park.
- Experimental photography magazine Bill plays with the notion of the image as a material object
- Thomas Demand in conversation with It’s Nice That
- For Alice Monvaillier, animation is a "pretty magical process"
- My Body Feels Amazing: Elevator Teeth uses words and images to conduct a dialogue with the self
- City Edition Studio creates projects with a soft, collaborative and kind tone of voice
- Jack Smyth talks us through what makes a successful book jacket design
- “The future of design is in the creation of tools”: Meet the Space Type Generator
- Master one style or stay versatile? Illustrators discuss the pros and cons
- WeTransfer tell users to "Please Leave" in new short film
- Youngchae Lee illustrates what “alone time” feels like in large landscapes
- Yushi Li on photographing men she met through Tinder
- When Hollie Fernando forgot her age, she decided to take her first self-portraits