This week’s Friday Mixtape is curated by the brilliant All We Are. As the band tour their second album, Human, on the festival circuit this summer, they’ve made us a mix of high energy, emphatic songs to excite you for the weekend or encourage you out of a festival hangover slump.
You can catch All We Are at Latitude this Sunday (16 July 2017) or End of the Road in September.
Why have you picked these songs, what do they remind you of or make you feel?
This is our festival driving playlist, we’ve been doing a lot of that recently so it’s pretty present in our mind right now. It’s pretty eclectic but they’ve all got a certain vibe. These songs are eclectic but they all have that incessant groove that keeps you going. Music is about giving you an energy and these are part of a playlist that keeps us driving.
When or where should this mixtape be listened to?
Anytime, anyplace but as mentioned above, it’s great blasted in a car.
What song or album did you listen to as teenager?
Prince Dirty Mind was one of my brothers favourites and therefore one of mine. It’s still a personal fave.
Is there a particular song or album you’ve been listening to on tour?
We’re really into the D.D. Dumbo record. It’s weird and wonderful and totally rhythmical. The lyrics really paint a picture. It’s like looking at the world through his eyes.
If a feature film of your life was to be made, what song would be on the trailer?
It’s got to be the theme for Jurassic Park.
- Photographer Timothy Schaumburg takes us behind the scenes of plastic surgery prep
- The Line King: A profile of Al Hirschfeld, on the prolific characterist’s 115th birthday
- Ditto publish 100 Club Stories in celebration of the iconic London venue
- Adobe Stock identifies 'multilocalism' as the next trend to shape visual culture
- “I want my work to function like a good book": illustrator Charlotte Ager
- "Even if you cover a shit in glitter it’s still a shit": top creatives show us their CVs
- "Don't drink and dance in front of your peers": ten creatives on their biggest mistakes
- Tsto returns to design Flow Festival's identity, pushing and playing with its typography
- Beyoncé and Jay Z take over the Louvre for Apeshit music video
- All internships are not created equal: how to spot the best opportunities and have the courage to reject the duds
- How Alex Prager made the world stop and stare
- Neville Brody launches type foundry, Brody Fonts