When a birthday card-shaped unassuming pale pink envelope popped through our front door earlier on this week I figured my grandma had sent me a sweet letter. I didn’t anticipate the new issue of The Anonymous Sex Journal, subtitled The Solo Issue or Sex For One – but then unexpected pleasure is what this A6 laminated zine is all about.
“Sex with one is just as important as sex with some,” the inside cover (penned by editor Alex Tieghi-Walker) reads. “Having had 12 months to collect stories has resulted in a rich and racy collection of anecdotes… As always, none of these stories have been edited; they are left true to form in the voice in which they were penned.” The resulting collection compiles both sordid and sweet tales of ménage à mois from anonymous submissions – see number eight, “My first sensation was from my electric toothbrush,” for an example of the latter. This issue is illustrated by the brilliant Laura Callaghan, and the stories are among the very best I’ve read in the zine – submissions are now open for the next issue, The Hotel Issue of Dirty Weekenders, which promises to be even more of a romp.
- Mariana Malhão's illustrations depict "a world inside a world"
- Max Siedentopf offers silly but significant advice in his latest series, Instructions for World Peace
- XZY explores the “visual alchemies of the phenomenon fake" in its debut issue
- Steven Bliss' distant yet familiar series, Boys
- Friday Mixtape: Shopping pick a mix of bands to be excited to be about
- Illustrator Cécile Dormeau on body diversity and defying convention
- The Guardian unveils redesign across print and online
- Aron Klein's captivating images of the Bulgarian demon chasers
- The rebrand for Russia’s tourist board uses Suprematist geometry laid out as a map
- Compare your selfies to fine art through the Google Arts and Culture app’s newest feature
- Coca-Cola reveals custom typeface, TCCC Unity, inspired by its modernist heritage
- Graphic designer Bryan Rivera references mistakes and imperfections in his portfolio