I don’t know if you’ve seen My Week With Marilyn but I saw it recently, and by the end of it I was pretty much convinced that Marilyn Monroe was alive and well, purely due to Michelle Williams being fantastic. Fashion and culture hoarders AnOther Magazine have taken note of Michelle’s surprisingly underrated brilliance and have whacked her on the cover of their latest issue — four times! Although only one cover will be used in print, in this exclusive release we reveal the four very different alternative covers, each starring the lady herself. These images remind us not just of Michelle’s beauty, but of her consistently diverse acting career. Not many people can swing gracefully from Dawson’s Creek to some of the biggest films of the last decade, but oh, Michelle can.
It’s hard to pick a favourite cover, but the one of her dressed as a kind of grungey native America Indian is pretty sublime. You can Watch a charming interview with Michelle here.
- Meet the speakers: Dougal Wilson, Ewen Spencer, GraphicDesign& and Gal-dem
- Claire Hentschker: the artist who recreated The Shining as an interactive 3D space
- Rosanna Webster and Phoebe Henry’s cinematic portrait of Cuba
- Alex Hunting’s crisp editorial designs are considered and multi-layered
- Raine Allen Miller’s latest ad shows kids experiencing the “side effects” of tech toys
- Colin Pantall's warm depiction of childhood and fatherhood taken over 12 years
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner