“I mean, yes, we’re sinking … but the music is exceptional.” Overheard on The Titanic is one of Austin Kleon’s many ‘blackout poems’, perhaps my favourite. I’m certainly sore I didn’t grab the wee version from 20×200 in time.
Also of note, Austin’s recent post ‘How to Steal like An Artist (And 9 Other Things Nobody Told Me)’ – a refreshing and brilliantly candid piece of writing about the creative process, whatever your discipline.
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum