“I mean, yes, we’re sinking … but the music is exceptional.” Overheard on The Titanic is one of Austin Kleon’s many ‘blackout poems’, perhaps my favourite. I’m certainly sore I didn’t grab the wee version from 20×200 in time.
Also of note, Austin’s recent post ‘How to Steal like An Artist (And 9 Other Things Nobody Told Me)’ – a refreshing and brilliantly candid piece of writing about the creative process, whatever your discipline.
- All we want for Christmas is... Best of the Web!
- A trip to The Greenbrier – a preserved 112,544 sq foot government nuclear bunker
- Dougal Wilson goes behind the scenes of the mischievous Channel 4 idents
- An international cast of creatives chooses the biggest moments of 2017
- Bake Off, legalising weed and Fanta's redesign: highlights from March 2017
- Vogue's new editor and a typeface for pride: a look back at April 2017
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Plain packaging and health warnings on food and drink could cost companies hundreds of billions
- Anxy Magazine: The Workaholism Issue explores the impact of working hard versus working compulsively
- Graphic designer John Morgan launches type foundry and art platform, Abyme