We can’t help but have Earth, Wind and Fire in our heads because, unbelievably, it’s suddenly September. Schools are going back, leaves are starting to fall, and rather than lament another summer gone speedily by, we’ve gathered some great internet bits and bobs to ring in the new season.
Type in any word on Typo/graphic posters to access posters from around the world using that word. (Dan P)
Domino’s Instagram is gross, by design. (Marianne)
Britain’s worst buildings have been selected for the annual Carbuncle Cup – Preston is particularly worthy I feel. (Owen)
Lego released drone footage of the new Lego visitor centre by Bjarke Ingels Group, and it’s awesome. (Jenny)
Meanwhile, the brand also released a Lego kit of the building, of course. (Tim)
Studio Dumbar have a new webby with a mesmerising homepage. (Connor)
Photographs collected by Mario Testino to be auctioned by Sotheby’s for Museo Mate in Lima. (Jenny)
Jack Sachs has teamed up with ceramicist Kasey Flowers and the result is THIS. (Connor)
Who to follow
Follow them, like them, despise them for their creative talent. Whatever your vibe, here’s a good list of people doing some interesting stuff on Instagram.
- Graphic designer Marie Ducrocq's future-facing aesthetics are supported by thorough research
- The poet laureate of Twitter Brian Bilston creates four new poems from Adobe Stock images
- Photographer Daniel Stier on how he transforms “cheap mass-produced things” into art
- Fragility, despair and boredom are the pillars to Madeleine Pfull’s paintings of elderly women
- Go on a quest for cheesy chips with Sarah Hingley’s choose your own adventure zine
- Western Fronts is a nature documentary that collapses into itself
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!