Another week of work, life and relationships has passed, so seek solace in this week’s Best of the Web to give you a dose of internet fun. This week’s edition has vintage Ikea catalogues, a chance to explore the top museums via Google Street View and a video of Jeremy Corbyn meeting grime MC, JME. What more do you need?!
Mother NY is trying to empower mums returning to work with a new campaign. (Beccy)
Just found this series on BBC4. Nice insight into Nike’s early days presented by Rory Sutherland. (Will)
More great Ikea puppetry from Jonny & Will. (Jenny)
To celebrate the launch of the Nike Air Max 97 Gold (below), Nike has partnered with London’s Chabuddy G, Kurupt FM and Sneakersnstuff’s very own Mubi Ali. (Julian)
Chelsea are champions of the Premier League. Striker Michy Batshuayi stole a camera from a photographer during the post match celebrations and The Guardian published the pictures. This is a design story of sorts, not just a shameless attempt to mention Chelsea’s fantastic achievement. Did I mention they won the league? (Owen)
Director Aaron Christian has made a wildlife mockumentary studying the creatures of Frieze Art Fair. (Simon)
Surely this wins the internet this week (below). When JME met Jeremy Corbyn. (Jenny)
Who to follow: Register To Vote Special
To begin, if you’re reading this outside the UK or are simply too young to vote, simply marvel in the creativity. If you are eligible to vote though, with the UK general election just a few weeks away, we felt compelled to remind ya’ll to register to vote through the medium of creative work. You have until the 22 May 2017.
- This year’s Birmingham Design Festival explored truth in the design industry
- Designer John Christian Rose on how he turns mess, chaos and clutter into art
- “My creative process is hella eclectic”: illustrator Jack Fletcher
- Jee-ook Choi turns Uniqlo’s AIRism range into a series of ethereal illustrations
- “Nothing should stand still”: Elaine Song on her dynamic, abstract illustrations
- Meet Ian Weldon, the “photographer that photographs weddings”
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!