Another week of work, life and relationships has passed, so seek solace in this week’s Best of the Web to give you a dose of internet fun. This week’s edition has vintage Ikea catalogues, a chance to explore the top museums via Google Street View and a video of Jeremy Corbyn meeting grime MC, JME. What more do you need?!
Mother NY is trying to empower mums returning to work with a new campaign. (Beccy)
Just found this series on BBC4. Nice insight into Nike’s early days presented by Rory Sutherland. (Will)
More great Ikea puppetry from Jonny & Will. (Jenny)
To celebrate the launch of the Nike Air Max 97 Gold (below), Nike has partnered with London’s Chabuddy G, Kurupt FM and Sneakersnstuff’s very own Mubi Ali. (Julian)
Chelsea are champions of the Premier League. Striker Michy Batshuayi stole a camera from a photographer during the post match celebrations and The Guardian published the pictures. This is a design story of sorts, not just a shameless attempt to mention Chelsea’s fantastic achievement. Did I mention they won the league? (Owen)
Director Aaron Christian has made a wildlife mockumentary studying the creatures of Frieze Art Fair. (Simon)
Surely this wins the internet this week (below). When JME met Jeremy Corbyn. (Jenny)
Who to follow: Register To Vote Special
To begin, if you’re reading this outside the UK or are simply too young to vote, simply marvel in the creativity. If you are eligible to vote though, with the UK general election just a few weeks away, we felt compelled to remind ya’ll to register to vote through the medium of creative work. You have until the 22 May 2017.
- Food for thought on the day the Global Climate Strike begins
- “I always thought Photoshop was a glorified MS paint”: James Lacey on his journey into design
- “If I am flagging on a shoot, she directs me”: Matthew Stone on working with FKA Twigs
- French illustrator Nicolas Ridou makes “the atmosphere the story” in his hypnotic works
- A routine, good music and Charlie Bones: Sean Bate on his graphic design inspirations
- In The Boys, Rick Schatzberg photographs his group in their 66th year of friendship
- “All you see is lazy photography everywhere”: Martin Parr discusses his career, Brexit and obsession
- The work of Xiangyu Liu is weird and fantastically unpredictable (some NSFW)
- Caterina Bianchini Studio designs a dog-themed identity for a conveyer belt cheese restaurant
- Ikea invites people to “try on” Virgil Abloh furniture collection at LFW
- Hans Findling on his experimental and multidisciplinary approach to design
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!