Zurich-based studio Büro 146’s bread and butter is book design, posters, websites and exhibition graphics. Established in 2011 by Maike Hamacher, Valentin Hindermann and Madeleine Stahel, the studio works closely with its clients to develop the right solution.
As a small team, Büro 146 call upon a trusted list of photographers, illustrators, programmers and printers to collaborate with on its varied briefs. Mainly producing work for the creative industries, the studio’s work often adopts a simple and clean approach offsetting this with bright hues and interesting imagery to make it more engaging.
An identity created with Selina Bütler for Roger Bolthausers’ guest professorship at EPFL in Lausanne uses the architect’s work in the posters and pamphlet cover in a subtle but pleasing way. Whereas the studio’s identity for F + F School of Art and Design in Zurich, uses primary colours as its focus, creating an abstract paint palette in uniform blocks featured on publications, stationery and posters.
Other stand out projects include screenprinted posters for Swiss gallery Kunst(Zeug)Haus and another series of posters for the Pavilion Le Corbusier, which demonstrate the studio’s ability to seamlessly integrate text, image and colour together.
- From documentaries to exhibition design via portraiture and painting, relive June’s Nicer Tuesdays
- Useless is a website mapping out the UK’s zero-waste network
- Material Literacy: Why we need to rethink language to survive the climate crisis
- Welcome to Response and Responsibility, a look at creativity and climate change
- Maurizio Di Iorio tricks the eye with his illusory photography
- With “personality and warmth”, Laura McCluskey turns her lens to those around her
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!