When you hear the words “branded content” you probably don’t get that excited, right? Well, times are changing. No longer do brands want to settle for something that isn’t going to whet the imagination of an audience, and so they’re recruiting fantastic creatives and partnering with cool platforms to make it actually worth everyone’s time. With this in mind, check out this pretty breathtaking animation created by Google Play in collaboration with Creative Sunday.
Animated by Madrid studio Manson, the premise is a series of stylish, charming interviews with kewl people about living in kewl California (we featured the Jack Black one on the site in January) which is right up my street. This interview features Devo’s Mark Mothersbaugh speaking about his childhood and the early days of the band. The website’s pretty spesh too. Please big brands, please make all sponsored content collabs this spellbinding, stylish and enjoyable. You can read a good interview with the guys behind the project over here on AdWeek.
- OK-RM and Daniel Shea collaborate on a new work of fiction exploring natural resources
- Cépé's illustrations capture the colours of southern France
- Joe Melhuish turns fidget spinners, avocados and anvils into animated outfits for any millennial
- Gourau and Phong stretches reality by combing photography with new technologies
- Graphic designer Benoît Brun’s comics-inspired typography leaps off the page
- Antonis Theodoridis chases the sunlight of Athens in his series Ways of Escape
- Get ready for 230 new emojis to confuse your mum with
- Netflix rolls out brand new ident for all its original material
- David Rothenberg discusses his unique portraits of the passengers of planes
- Photographer Nick Turpin captures cars bathed in the lights of Piccadilly Circus
- Byun Young Geun likens illustration to “looking into a mirror”
- Naranjo-Etxeberria designs an identity aiming to cause impact at first glance