In graphic designer Cecilia Serafini’s biography she says she completed an MA in Graphic Design at the London College of Communication in 2014 and “has been busy working ever since,” and she’s not wrong.
Cecilia’s work uses typography to elevate a publication or poster’s content. Whether it be a bold serif or thinner sans-serif used, the designer’s work touches upon various styles but maintains her own consistently vibrant panache.
Working mostly in editorial design Cecilia’s recent clients include, Rodnik Band for Urban Outfitters, childrenswear brand Elias & Grace and Serpentine Gallery which the designer created a booklet for during their exhibition Miracle Marathon in 2016. The posters included in her portfolio are mostly for music clients and she has shared the first in a series of posters she will be completing for Helen Nisbet, who is completing a curatorial fellowship at Cubitt Gallery.
More recently Cecilia has joined the design team at Boiler Room, a great fit for a designer like herself who regularly visualises musical content.
- Can graphic design translate to performance? LCC's grad show identity shows us it can
- Gina Tonic on being big, Welsh and growing up in an ex-mining town in The Valleys
- Margot Lévêque examines the historical, emotional and philosophical connotations of the collar
- Illustrator Moon utilises drawing as a means of understanding herself
- Toilet rolls and sat navs: Photographer Andy Price will make you look twice at everyday objects
- Samantha French’s dazzling underwater paintings hark back to childhood summers
- Turning her lens to those around her, Danna Singer reveals the story of a working class community
- Kyle Berger’s Photoshopped images exist in “a post-truth timeline”
- The climate crisis is daunting, but as a creative professional, there’s much you can do
- Elizabeth Hibbard’s unsettling photographs examine subjective experience with a visceral gaze
- “My creativity is sparked by music and architecture”: meet graphic designer Stephanie Specht
- Adventure Time’s finale nominated for Emmy, alongside BoJack and Big Mouth