In graphic designer Cecilia Serafini’s biography she says she completed an MA in Graphic Design at the London College of Communication in 2014 and “has been busy working ever since,” and she’s not wrong.
Cecilia’s work uses typography to elevate a publication or poster’s content. Whether it be a bold serif or thinner sans-serif used, the designer’s work touches upon various styles but maintains her own consistently vibrant panache.
Working mostly in editorial design Cecilia’s recent clients include, Rodnik Band for Urban Outfitters, childrenswear brand Elias & Grace and Serpentine Gallery which the designer created a booklet for during their exhibition Miracle Marathon in 2016. The posters included in her portfolio are mostly for music clients and she has shared the first in a series of posters she will be completing for Helen Nisbet, who is completing a curatorial fellowship at Cubitt Gallery.
More recently Cecilia has joined the design team at Boiler Room, a great fit for a designer like herself who regularly visualises musical content.
- Caterina Bianchini on her three processes when designing posters
- Friday Mixtape: illustrator pals Jan Buchczik and Timo Lenzen on their studio tunes
- B.A.M's new identity for White Cube is an “evolution rather than a revolution”
- Mosh Pit Simulator, perhaps the craziest VR game yet, launches later this month
- Fantastic Man releases What Men Wear, an anthology of male dressing in the 21st Century
- Interior Lives documents the unassimilated lives of the largest Chinese population outside of Asia
- An egg beats Kylie Jenner to become the most liked Instagram photo... ever
- Mastercard reveals new nameless logo courtesy of Michael Bierut
- Sam Youkilis uses scale, form and colour to challenge the tropes of travel photography
- Betina Du Toit's naturally-beautiful images are “stripped back from the non-essential”
- Giacomo Gambineri on shifting his creative career from graphic designer to illustrator
- Hiroki Nishiyama draws on traditional graphic design techniques in his illustration practice